We've booked a trip to California (first timers - cant wait!) from 5 - 26 August. The flight, hotels and car hire are all booked. The itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 - Arrive San Francisco (4 nights)
Day 5 - Pick up car & drive to Monterey (5 nights)
Day 10 - Drive to lake Isabella (1 night)
Day 11 - Drive to Vegas (5 nights)
Day 16 - Drive to Annaheim (6 nights)
We've tried to minimise the driving as my husband doesn't want to spend too much of the holiday sat in a car (I tried to include Yosemite but he wasn't up for the drive).
We'd really appreciate some advice on the following:
First, given our itinerary, what are the 'must see's? So far we've identified various 'things we must do' including Alcatraz, Whale watching, Hearst Castle, Grand Canyon, Disney & Universal (for my 11 year old the LA leg is the absolute highlight of the trip!). Whilst in SF I'd like to drive out to Napa - but where exactly and what should we see?
Second, tips on best driving routes - and where to stop for views/lunch etc - en route to the various places we're staying.
Third, whats the best way to buy tickets for Disney & Universal. Online in advance? There is a 3 day Disney (both parks) pass for $265 and my son is nagging me for a front of line pass for Universal (worth the high price?. The Southern California City Pass seems to include San Diego but we're not planning on going that far south).
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 2 손오공 게임 ▶ 홈피:【 ' m k 2 8 9. 컴 ' 】
- 3 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 4 Recent Spam Attacks
- 5 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 6 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 7 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 8 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 9 Maui - luau question
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 12 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 13 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 14 Zurich airport connections
- 15 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 Miami airport--safety??
- 18 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 19 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 20 Things to do in Toronto
- 21 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 22 How Much??-Taxi from Atlanta airport to Emory University
- 23 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 24 US whole month of January where to
- 25 Drive from Ohio to NYC
3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)