We've booked a trip to California (first timers - cant wait!) from 5 - 26 August. The flight, hotels and car hire are all booked. The itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 - Arrive San Francisco (4 nights)
Day 5 - Pick up car & drive to Monterey (5 nights)
Day 10 - Drive to lake Isabella (1 night)
Day 11 - Drive to Vegas (5 nights)
Day 16 - Drive to Annaheim (6 nights)
We've tried to minimise the driving as my husband doesn't want to spend too much of the holiday sat in a car (I tried to include Yosemite but he wasn't up for the drive).
We'd really appreciate some advice on the following:
First, given our itinerary, what are the 'must see's? So far we've identified various 'things we must do' including Alcatraz, Whale watching, Hearst Castle, Grand Canyon, Disney & Universal (for my 11 year old the LA leg is the absolute highlight of the trip!). Whilst in SF I'd like to drive out to Napa - but where exactly and what should we see?
Second, tips on best driving routes - and where to stop for views/lunch etc - en route to the various places we're staying.
Third, whats the best way to buy tickets for Disney & Universal. Online in advance? There is a 3 day Disney (both parks) pass for $265 and my son is nagging me for a front of line pass for Universal (worth the high price?. The Southern California City Pass seems to include San Diego but we're not planning on going that far south).
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inrease Your concentration skills with Revive CBD Oil (USA)
- 2 Website$@<<>>http://www.cluesforhealth.com/rarete-face-cream/
- 3 New England Tour
- 4 Full Logic Solutions
- 5 It will maximize the production of testosterone
- 6 Trip to Russia
- 7 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 8 Clemix Testosterone Complex - Increase your Stamina Level
- 9 Driving CA 395
- 10 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 11 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 12 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 15 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 16 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 17 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 18 Maui and Kauai
- 19 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 20 Glacier National Park 2018
- 21 Hawaii wedding
- 22 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 23 Adirondacks trip repot
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)