My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 2 South east road trip
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 5 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 6 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 7 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 8 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 9 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 10 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 11 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 12 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 13 Any Sanibel experts?
- 14 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 15 Later Winter around Mobile
- 16 Rafting the Colorado
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Florida keys trip
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 Coffee in Boston?
- 21 Nashville Never Been
- 22 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 23 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 24 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 25 Traveling in winter