My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chester, CN
- 2 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 3 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 4 time to visit statue
- 5 Aladin tickets in NYC
- 6 San Francisco Trip - 6 months Pregnant
- 7 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 8 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 9 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 10 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 11 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 12 Northern California Gardens.
- 13 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 14 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 15 Hawaii wedding
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 18 Route 66
- 19 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 20 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 23 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 24 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 25 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST