My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 2 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 3 1st trip to Colorado
- 4 Mystic CT
- 5 Parking in Boston
- 6 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 7 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 8 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 11 Las vegas +21
- 12 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 13 Your favourite places in New York City
- 14 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 15 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 16 Which Motel with Magic Fingers Beds?
- 17 Trip Starting from New York
- 18 Four San Francisco restaurants
- 19 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 20 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 21 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 22 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 23 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 24 Nilichik Ak.
- 25 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?