My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 2 usa roadtrip
- 3 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 4 How To Win Lottery System: 5 Secrets
- 5 Christmas in Colorado
- 6 Hawaii and...where?
- 7 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 8 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 9 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 10 Marfa/Big Bend
- 11 DC Restaurants
- 12 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 13 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 14 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 15 JFK to Washington
- 16 Phoenix for the weekend
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 19 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 20 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 21 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 22 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 23 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 24 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot