My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 2 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 3 IAH to HOU Questions
- 4 San Francisco transit options
- 5 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 6 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 7 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 8 Honeymoon on PCH
- 9 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 10 Great OR beach house locations?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 13 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 14 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 15 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 18 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 19 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 20 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 21 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 22 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 23 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 24 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 25 No Spam this morning!!