My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 florida gulf coast
- 2 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 3 Maui, early August
- 4 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 5 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 6 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 7 Road trip advice needed please
- 8 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 9 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 10 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 11 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 12 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 13 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 14 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 15 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 18 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 19 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 20 Family Trip advice please?!
- 21 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 22 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 23 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 24 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 25 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington