My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Temecula to Monterey road trip options
- 2 Food Tours
- 3 North Truro, Ma
- 4 Holland Tunnel to The Roosevelt Hotel
- 5 Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel
- 6 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 7 University of Arkansas with 14yr old boys in May. What else should we see?
- 8 Help! I goofed up my Grand Canyon trip planning!
- 9 Help- Penn Station to JFK/Layover help
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Boothbay or Camden, Maine?
- 12 Lake Powell Houseboat Itinerary
- 13 Chain of Lakes-Which to Focus on?
- 14 Cape Cod to Boston - any mass transit?
- 15 Few days near Seattle, possibly solo
- 16 NYC to Washington by train
- 17 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 18 I Which Road trip with kids from OK to take: east coast or South
- 19 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 20 Possibly moving from Pittsburgh to Raleigh, need help!!
- 21 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 22 Maine 5 days
- 23 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 24 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 25 Yellowstone with no reservations?