My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Using Tripmasters for Hawaiian trip
- 2 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 3 Cape Cod visit in August
- 4 Nashville Public Transportation
- 5 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 6 Mount Rainier Seattle Washington
- 7 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 8 San Fran to Napa and back to Carmel, Big Sur, Cambria, Santa Monica
- 9 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 10 Has anyone been to Georgetown in Brooklyn?
- 11 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 12 Buying wine New York City
- 13 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 14 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 15 8 day trip to Florida
- 16 Driving Houston George Bush to Galveston
- 17 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 18 BYOB in New York City
- 19 which indian rock beach, Fl or fort Lauderdale beach
- 20 carmel vs. monterey california
- 21 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 22 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 23 Week in Colorado
- 24 Moving to Dallas
- 25 Florida Car Rental