My wife and I are at the early stages of planning a three week road trip for Sept/Oct later this year. Flights from Europe still have to be booked. The trip must include about five days in the San Antonio area. Our interests are seeing regional culture, food, sights with a mix of rural and urban. Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, as well as San Antonio are high our our list
At the moment Atlanta seems to be the best entry airport for flights from Europe and we would prefer to avoid internal flights within the USA. However I'm a little worried using Atlanta as our base is maybe pushing our car miles too much
Should we consider adding an internal flight and splitting the trip into two segments eg San Antonio area and Memphis area?
Also, are there any other sights in the area we must see?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://alphajackedhelp.com/erectimax/
- 2 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 Coldest place you've ever been to?
- 5 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 6 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 7 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 8 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 9 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 10 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 11 Alaska cruise
- 12 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 13 Sonoma
- 14 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 15 New Orleans
- 16 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 17 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 18 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 19 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 22 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 23 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 24 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?