A friend and I (both 22) have 3 weeks to Roadtrip USA! Just a taster - I wish we had longer... after doing a bit of research there is just so much to see.
We will have both done New York and L.A/San Diego area and will begin from Chicago.
Would really really appreciate any advice or recommendations on the below itinerary.. This is only a rough itinerary so open to suggestions... This includes the places we would love to see.
This trip will be from 10 - 31 August
10 August- Chicago (arriving PM)
11 August- Chicago
12 August -Chicago or Gattlinburg
13 August- Gattlinburg (possibly fly from Chicago to Knoxville to save time? and drive to Gattlingburg) - Would like to take in a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mountains (drive to NC and travel the BRP to Asheville)
14 August-Asheville... BRP and back to Gattlinburg??
15 August-Drive to Memphis ---- going to be a long day of driving... Lunch at Nashville?
16 August- Memphis
17 August -Afternoon drive to New Orleans
18 August- New Orleans
19 August- New Orleans
20 August- Houston
21 August- Houston or San Antonio --- dont know much about things to see/do in Houston?
22 August- San Antonio
23 August -San Antonio
24 August - Fly to Pheonix early morning - pick up car hire and travel to Grand Canyon - Evening to see Gran Canyon sunset.
25 August - Day at Grand Canyon - Evening drive to Page, AZ
26 August - Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
27 August - Drive Page to Vegas
28 August - Vegas
29 August - Vegas
30 August - Vegas
31 August - Depart 6AM for Cancun (to relax after the crazy 3 weeks above )
I appreciate this is a lot of ground to cover in 3 weeks... Is this do-able? Or utterly ridiculous?
Our 4 nights in Vegas are confirmed 27 - 31 August... so this cannot change... the rest is flexible.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 2 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 3 Acadia National Park
- 4 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 5 Birthday vacation ideas
- 6 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 7 North California/South Oregon
- 8 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 9 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 10 driving RT 66
- 11 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 12 Long Weekend in Denver
- 13 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 14 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 15 From Newark to Manhattan
- 16 once in a lifetime
- 17 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 18 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 19 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 20 Hotels Houston
- 21 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 22 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 23 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 24 Monument Valley
- 25 Sedona lodging
3 Week Road Trip - Chicago to Vegas (via TN and TX) Help please!~!!