A friend and I (both 22) have 3 weeks to Roadtrip USA! Just a taster - I wish we had longer... after doing a bit of research there is just so much to see.
We will have both done New York and L.A/San Diego area and will begin from Chicago.
Would really really appreciate any advice or recommendations on the below itinerary.. This is only a rough itinerary so open to suggestions... This includes the places we would love to see.
This trip will be from 10 - 31 August
10 August- Chicago (arriving PM)
11 August- Chicago
12 August -Chicago or Gattlinburg
13 August- Gattlinburg (possibly fly from Chicago to Knoxville to save time? and drive to Gattlingburg) - Would like to take in a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mountains (drive to NC and travel the BRP to Asheville)
14 August-Asheville... BRP and back to Gattlinburg??
15 August-Drive to Memphis ---- going to be a long day of driving... Lunch at Nashville?
16 August- Memphis
17 August -Afternoon drive to New Orleans
18 August- New Orleans
19 August- New Orleans
20 August- Houston
21 August- Houston or San Antonio --- dont know much about things to see/do in Houston?
22 August- San Antonio
23 August -San Antonio
24 August - Fly to Pheonix early morning - pick up car hire and travel to Grand Canyon - Evening to see Gran Canyon sunset.
25 August - Day at Grand Canyon - Evening drive to Page, AZ
26 August - Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
27 August - Drive Page to Vegas
28 August - Vegas
29 August - Vegas
30 August - Vegas
31 August - Depart 6AM for Cancun (to relax after the crazy 3 weeks above )
I appreciate this is a lot of ground to cover in 3 weeks... Is this do-able? Or utterly ridiculous?
Our 4 nights in Vegas are confirmed 27 - 31 August... so this cannot change... the rest is flexible.
Thank you in advance.
3 Week Road Trip - Chicago to Vegas (via TN and TX) Help please!~!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 9 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Alaska
- 12 San Diego grocery stores
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona