A friend and I (both 22) have 3 weeks to Roadtrip USA! Just a taster - I wish we had longer... after doing a bit of research there is just so much to see.
We will have both done New York and L.A/San Diego area and will begin from Chicago.
Would really really appreciate any advice or recommendations on the below itinerary.. This is only a rough itinerary so open to suggestions... This includes the places we would love to see.
This trip will be from 10 - 31 August
10 August- Chicago (arriving PM)
11 August- Chicago
12 August -Chicago or Gattlinburg
13 August- Gattlinburg (possibly fly from Chicago to Knoxville to save time? and drive to Gattlingburg) - Would like to take in a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mountains (drive to NC and travel the BRP to Asheville)
14 August-Asheville... BRP and back to Gattlinburg??
15 August-Drive to Memphis ---- going to be a long day of driving... Lunch at Nashville?
16 August- Memphis
17 August -Afternoon drive to New Orleans
18 August- New Orleans
19 August- New Orleans
20 August- Houston
21 August- Houston or San Antonio --- dont know much about things to see/do in Houston?
22 August- San Antonio
23 August -San Antonio
24 August - Fly to Pheonix early morning - pick up car hire and travel to Grand Canyon - Evening to see Gran Canyon sunset.
25 August - Day at Grand Canyon - Evening drive to Page, AZ
26 August - Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
27 August - Drive Page to Vegas
28 August - Vegas
29 August - Vegas
30 August - Vegas
31 August - Depart 6AM for Cancun (to relax after the crazy 3 weeks above )
I appreciate this is a lot of ground to cover in 3 weeks... Is this do-able? Or utterly ridiculous?
Our 4 nights in Vegas are confirmed 27 - 31 August... so this cannot change... the rest is flexible.
Thank you in advance.
3 Week Road Trip - Chicago to Vegas (via TN and TX) Help please!~!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 7 Active Vacation
- 8 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 9 Quick SoCal question
- 10 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 11 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 12 New England September
- 13 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 14 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 17 Tampa in February
- 18 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 19 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 20 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 23 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 24 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 25 Austin Food Trucks