Even though i have been living in California and very near to SF i did not get a chance to visit this beautiful city. Finally i am gearing up to start my visit from tomorrow for 3 days (2 nights),I am an amateur photographer,So on the first day i am very eager to have a shoot of SF's Amazing fire works (July 4th). so i need some suggestion on the following (i Will be there by 9:30-10:00 at SFO on DAY#1)
1. I have seen hop off hop on tours(which had great reivews and coverage but the problem is they end at 5:00PM) ,Another is a CITY PASS which also gives access to Muni /Cable CAR(week pass)+some good attractions for $89.So, which is better to roam around the city ? Or if any other kind of transportation in much better please suggest(No renting a CAR, As i bit Handicapped i cannot drive)
2.As i told my main wish for the tour is shooting some amazing fireworks,So suggest me a spot where there would be some awesome fireworks happening , And at what time if i reach there i would be able to grab a prime spot for me to take some good photographers (i have a large gear to setup)
3.Suggest me some hotels (i am comfortable upto $120 a night) ,Facility are not a priority but commute and accessibility to transport suggested in point#1 would really help.
4.As this my first time to SF I would love to have helping hand in my itinerary in relevance with the above selections.
One thing i was fixed on is DAY1 I will be at fireworks in the evening and DAY 3: i need to reach BART by 7:00(Sunday)
Yours help is much appreciated....
3 Trip to San Fransico for this long weekend
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 relocating travel
- 3 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 4 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 5 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 6 Seattle Hyatts
- 7 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 8 Mesa Verde
- 9 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 10 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 13 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 14 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 20 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 21 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 24 ONP help
- 25 NYC Clubs for live music