Even though i have been living in California and very near to SF i did not get a chance to visit this beautiful city. Finally i am gearing up to start my visit from tomorrow for 3 days (2 nights),I am an amateur photographer,So on the first day i am very eager to have a shoot of SF's Amazing fire works (July 4th). so i need some suggestion on the following (i Will be there by 9:30-10:00 at SFO on DAY#1)
1. I have seen hop off hop on tours(which had great reivews and coverage but the problem is they end at 5:00PM) ,Another is a CITY PASS which also gives access to Muni /Cable CAR(week pass)+some good attractions for $89.So, which is better to roam around the city ? Or if any other kind of transportation in much better please suggest(No renting a CAR, As i bit Handicapped i cannot drive)
2.As i told my main wish for the tour is shooting some amazing fireworks,So suggest me a spot where there would be some awesome fireworks happening , And at what time if i reach there i would be able to grab a prime spot for me to take some good photographers (i have a large gear to setup)
3.Suggest me some hotels (i am comfortable upto $120 a night) ,Facility are not a priority but commute and accessibility to transport suggested in point#1 would really help.
4.As this my first time to SF I would love to have helping hand in my itinerary in relevance with the above selections.
One thing i was fixed on is DAY1 I will be at fireworks in the evening and DAY 3: i need to reach BART by 7:00(Sunday)
Yours help is much appreciated....
3 Trip to San Fransico for this long weekend
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 2 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 5 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Is the New York subway safe?
- 8 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 9 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 10 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 11 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Where to from Tampa?
- 14 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 Skiing New Mexico
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 18 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 19 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 20 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 21 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 22 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 23 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 24 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week