Even though i have been living in California and very near to SF i did not get a chance to visit this beautiful city. Finally i am gearing up to start my visit from tomorrow for 3 days (2 nights),I am an amateur photographer,So on the first day i am very eager to have a shoot of SF's Amazing fire works (July 4th). so i need some suggestion on the following (i Will be there by 9:30-10:00 at SFO on DAY#1)
1. I have seen hop off hop on tours(which had great reivews and coverage but the problem is they end at 5:00PM) ,Another is a CITY PASS which also gives access to Muni /Cable CAR(week pass)+some good attractions for $89.So, which is better to roam around the city ? Or if any other kind of transportation in much better please suggest(No renting a CAR, As i bit Handicapped i cannot drive)
2.As i told my main wish for the tour is shooting some amazing fireworks,So suggest me a spot where there would be some awesome fireworks happening , And at what time if i reach there i would be able to grab a prime spot for me to take some good photographers (i have a large gear to setup)
3.Suggest me some hotels (i am comfortable upto $120 a night) ,Facility are not a priority but commute and accessibility to transport suggested in point#1 would really help.
4.As this my first time to SF I would love to have helping hand in my itinerary in relevance with the above selections.
One thing i was fixed on is DAY1 I will be at fireworks in the evening and DAY 3: i need to reach BART by 7:00(Sunday)
Yours help is much appreciated....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 FLL to Key West
- 2 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 3 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 4 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 5 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 6 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 7 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 8 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 9 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 10 road trip
- 11 New England Road Trip
- 12 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 13 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 14 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 15 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 16 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 17 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 18 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 19 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 20 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 21 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 23 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 24 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 25 Got error in dell printer 016-302