In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 2 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 3 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 4 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 5 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 6 first trip to HI
- 7 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 8 Pittsburgh Trip
- 9 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 10 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 11 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 12 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 13 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 14 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 15 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 16 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 17 Virginia Beach in late October?
- 18 Seattle in early August
- 19 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 20 11 days SE coast road trip
- 21 Mackinac or Holland?
- 22 Memphis to Dallas
- 23 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 24 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 25 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card