In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 2 ONP help
- 3 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 4 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 7 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 8 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 9 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 10 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 12 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Road Tour in Usa
- 15 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 16 So you love handbags!
- 17 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 18 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 19 replica designer handbags
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 24 Re-Visit DC
- 25 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls