In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 2 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 3 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 4 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 5 I need your help
- 6 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 7 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 8 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 9 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 10 Biloxi Suggestions
- 11 Martha's Vineyard area
- 12 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 13 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 14 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 15 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 16 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 17 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 18 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 19 Maui: 2014 Christmas week
- 20 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 21 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 22 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 23 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 24 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 25 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy