In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 2 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 3 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 7 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 8 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 9 Newport Restaurants
- 10 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 11 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 12 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 13 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 14 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 15 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 16 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 17 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 18 West Coast to Indianapolis
- 19 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 20 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 21 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 22 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 23 Oahu
- 24 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?