In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 4 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 7 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 8 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 9 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 10 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 11 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 12 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 13 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 Santa Barbara, California
- 16 Hotel near Miami airport
- 17 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 18 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 19 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 20 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 21 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 22 Philly
- 23 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 24 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around