In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Skiing
- 2 Yosemite Lodging
- 3 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Worst Restaurants in America
- 6 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 7 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 8 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 10 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 11 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 12 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 13 What's new on Maui?
- 14 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 15 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 20 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Oregon Road Trip
- 23 Broadway choices
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?