In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 2 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 3 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 4 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 5 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 SFO black friday traffic
- 8 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 9 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 10 California & French Polynesia
- 11 General Utah planning questions
- 12 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 13 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 16 Dining in Manhattan
- 17 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 18 American Honeymoon in March
- 19 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 20 How to dress in Vegas
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 23 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 24 St Patrick's renovations
- 25 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA