In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 2 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 3 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 4 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 5 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 6 North Carolina Coast
- 7 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 8 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 9 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 10 NYC with wheelchair
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 13 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 14 Hapuna beach, big island
- 15 myrtle beach
- 16 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 17 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 18 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 19 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 20 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 21 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 22 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 23 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 24 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 25 New Orleans logistics