In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 2 reliable transportation across florida
- 3 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 4 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 5 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 6 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 7 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 8 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 9 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 10 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 11 Las Vegas loop
- 12 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 13 Redwood National Forest
- 14 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 15 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 16 Uber and Miami
- 17 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 18 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 19 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 20 Cape Cod
- 21 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?