In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 2 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 3 Running kissimmee Florida
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Car Hire Alamo
- 6 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 7 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 8 Mendocino Hiking
- 9 Paul Gauguin
- 10 Highway 1 motels
- 11 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 12 Pittsburgh Trip
- 13 Berkshires with a toddler
- 14 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 15 Getting around in NYC
- 16 The New Whitney
- 17 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 18 View of Empire State Building from street
- 19 11 days SE coast road trip
- 20 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 21 Pacific Northwest
- 22 A Week in New York City
- 23 Mackinac or Holland?
- 24 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 25 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?