In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 2 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 3 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 4 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 5 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 6 best of yellowstone
- 7 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 8 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 15 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 16 Vegas hotels for families
- 17 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 18 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 19 San Diego with Kids
- 20 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 21 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 24 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 25 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't