In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 2 charlotte
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 5 New York City in April
- 6 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 7 Boston in winter?
- 8 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 9 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 10 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 11 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 12 san fran sightseeing
- 13 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 14 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 15 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 16 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 17 Baytown, Texas
- 18 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 19 Moving from VA to CT
- 20 New Orleans pictures
- 21 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 22 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 23 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 24 American Honeymoon in March
- 25 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?