In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Richmond highlights?
- 14 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 19 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 20 Must Eats
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 23 Florida St George's Island
- 24 Union Square area restaurant
- 25 4 week family trip ideas