In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Will have five days in Savannah
- 2 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 3 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 4 New England in the fall
- 5 Our perfect day in Key West
- 6 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 Mesa Verde
- 9 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 10 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 11 Itinerary opinions
- 12 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 13 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 14 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 15 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 16 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 17 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 18 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 relocating travel
- 21 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 22 Seattle Hyatts
- 23 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 24 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?