In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 4 Arches National Park in a day
- 5 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 10 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 11 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 12 Looking for Next Destination
- 13 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Broadway this week
- 16 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 17 Union Square area restaurant
- 18 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 19 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 20 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 21 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 24 Weekend in NYC
- 25 Accommodations in Floriday keys