In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 4 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 5 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 6 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 7 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 8 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 9 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 10 Houston in September
- 11 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 12 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 13 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 15 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 16 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 17 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 18 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 19 New York Trip
- 20 Balloon fest hotels
- 21 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 22 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 23 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 24 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 25 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?