In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 2 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 3 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 6 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 7 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 8 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 9 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 10 south west family trip itinerary
- 11 Relocating to the Deep South
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 14 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 15 wasting time around JFK
- 16 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 17 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 18 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 19 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 20 SF Restaurant
- 21 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 22 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 23 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles