In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to San Francisco
- 2 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 3 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 4 San Francisco and Napa
- 5 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 6 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 7 Relocating to the Deep South
- 8 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 9 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 10 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 11 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 12 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 13 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 14 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 15 Budget NYC hotel
- 16 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 17 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 18 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 19 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 20 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 21 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 22 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 23 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 24 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 25 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship