In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona Classic Car Detailing
- 2 Luxury Car Detailing Scottsdale
- 3 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 4 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 5 Steamboat in August
- 6 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 7 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 10 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 11 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 12 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 13 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 14 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 15 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 16 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 17 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 18 Cape cod Labor Day
- 19 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 20 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 21 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 22 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 23 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 24 US Open Tennis
- 25 Boston/New England late Sept. with children