In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?