In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 2 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 3 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 4 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 7 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 8 Seattle?
- 9 November redwoods trip
- 10 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 11 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 costco Big island
- 14 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 15 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 16 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 17 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 18 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 19 Wedding gifts?
- 20 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 23 Layover
- 24 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 25 Spring Break trip to National Park