In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 5 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 6 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 7 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 8 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 9 Airfares in the 1970's
- 10 Relocating to the Deep South
- 11 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 12 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 13 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 14 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 15 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 16 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 17 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 18 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 19 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 20 Seattle to San Francisco
- 21 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 22 San Francisco and Napa
- 23 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 24 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 25 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?