In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 2 International student, applying for school
- 3 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 4 11 days SE coast road trip
- 5 http://www.erecteentry.com/bio-x4/
- 6 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 7 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 8 Road trip from and back to New York
- 9 50th in Hawaii
- 10 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 11 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 12 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 13 Silverthorne
- 14 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 15 Places to stay in TX...?
- 16 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 17 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 18 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 19 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 20 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 21 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 22 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 23 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 24 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 25 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!