In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 2 N California trip questions
- 3 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 4 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Monterey and Napa
- 7 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 8 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 9 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 10 New England in the fall
- 11 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 12 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 13 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 14 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 15 Looking for Next Destination
- 16 Worst Restaurants in America
- 17 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 18 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 19 Fall color yet?
- 20 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 21 Yosemite Lodging
- 22 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 23 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 24 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 25 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015