In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 2 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 3 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 4 New York City-New Things?
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 7 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 8 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 9 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 10 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 11 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 12 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 13 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 17 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 18 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 NYC hotel/July
- 21 Boston to see Sargent works
- 22 Southern Alabama trip report
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning