In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 2 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 3 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 4 What to do in San Diego
- 5 Our Boston Getaway
- 6 http://www.getsunergetics.com/elysian-natural-daily-revitalizer/
- 7 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 8 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 9 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 10 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 11 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 12 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 13 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 14 40th in Key West
- 15 What to do in New York?
- 16 When do school start again in August?
- 17 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 18 Disney for Florida residents
- 19 Yosemite
- 20 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 21 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 22 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 23 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 24 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 25 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!