In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 2 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 3 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 4 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 5 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 6 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 7 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 8 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando
- 9 Things to do in Key West
- 10 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 13 Boston & Cape Cod
- 14 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 Romantic destination in the US
- 17 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 18 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 19 Moving out of states from Florida
- 20 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 21 family road trip
- 22 Alaska Trip Planning
- 23 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 24 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 25 Charleston + Savannah in June