In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 3 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 4 Philly
- 5 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 6 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 7 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 8 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 9 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 Pub with food in Seattle
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 17 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 18 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 19 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 20 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!