In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 2 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 3 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 4 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 5 Roads into Estes Park
- 6 Whale watching
- 7 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 8 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 13 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 17 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 18 Road Trip
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 21 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 22 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 23 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 24 palm desert, CA
- 25 New York Trip