In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 2 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 3 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 4 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 5 What To See and Do in the Grand Rapids Area
- 6 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 7 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 8 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 11 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 12 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 13 adams morgan - safety
- 14 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 15 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 16 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 17 Morning in miami
- 18 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 19 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 20 Grand Marais?
- 21 US Southwest
- 22 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 23 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 24 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 25 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?