In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 2 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 3 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 4 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 5 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 6 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 7 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 8 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 9 Cape Cod trip report
- 10 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 11 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 12 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 13 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Seafood
- 16 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 2 weeks in Alaska
- 19 San Diego farmer's markets
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 22 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 23 Connecticut River Byway
- 24 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 25 Boston