In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 4 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 5 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 6 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 7 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 8 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 9 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 10 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 11 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Re-Visit DC
- 14 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 15 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 16 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 21 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 22 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 23 2 day in Adirondack park
- 24 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 25 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street