In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 4 Trinity Site, NM
- 5 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 6 Boston to Naples florida
- 7 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 8 North Carolina airports
- 9 best health clubs with lap pools
- 10 10 days vacation in California
- 11 Retiring to Tucson
- 12 Santa Fe Itineray
- 13 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 14 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 15 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 16 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 17 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 18 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 19 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 22 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 23 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 24 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 25 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"