In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC Metro
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 5 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 6 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 7 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 8 Where to go in Maine?
- 9 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 12 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 13 Wedding in Hawaii
- 14 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 15 rain in Kauai
- 16 Alaska cruise and land
- 17 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 18 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 19 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 20 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 23 SF to DR? WTH!
- 24 NYC Itinerary Help
- 25 WISCONSIN