In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
3 nights in the Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Charleston, SC help
- 4 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 5 middlebury vt snow
- 6 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 7 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 8 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 9 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 10 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 11 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 12 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 13 Deep South sept 2015
- 14 Self guided White House tour
- 15 Northwest USA
- 16 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 19 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 20 Portland, OR hotel question
- 21 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 22 san diego or nearby area
- 23 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 24 Texas
- 25 Los Angeles day trips