In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska -public transport
- 2 Safety Concerns
- 3 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 4 5 days in Colorado
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 9 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 10 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 11 Southwest road trip
- 12 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 13 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 14 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 15 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 16 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 19 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 20 Alaska independent tour for group
- 21 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 22 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 23 Sedona for a Month
- 24 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 25 Hawaii Volcanoes