In need of some assistance. Will be spending only 3 nights in the Smoky Mountains as part of a 5 week road trip in Oct - Nov. Heading there from Nashville then heading towards Charleston. What would be really nice would be to stay in a cabin out of town then spend the days sightseeing. Was planning to stay somewhere near Asheville, but looking for advice. Understand from other topics that the Tennessee side of the mountains will be very busy at this time of year. Any recommendations on where we should base ourselves would be greatly appreciated. Also what are must see spots. As we are travelling half way round the world this may be our first and last visit.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 2 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 Boston waterfront Italian
- 5 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 6 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 7 Day in Spokane
- 8 Zion and Bryce in July
- 9 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 10 Kids Vacation Place
- 11 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 12 First time, Best business class?
- 13 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 14 What to pack
- 15 Napa valley getaway
- 16 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 17 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 18 summer vacation
- 19 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 20 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 21 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 22 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 23 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 24 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 25 Itinerary Help Needed