Dear Fodor Friends,
Never been to Yosemite, so your ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have three nights at the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls, starting on Jul-10. My wife and I love to day hike, especially when rewarded with breathtaking views or beautiful scenery. Casual biking (I'm not a fan of mountain biking) is also a possibility if it provides an opportunity for something special. We've had the rooms reserved for months, but work has gotten in the way of my normal "over" planning process.
Our trip has us flying into Reno, renting a car; 2 nights in Mammoth; followed by 3 nights in Yosemite; followed by 2 nights in Murphys; and ending with 3 nights in Incline Village, Tahoe. I'm counting on a great trip, but Yosemite is the primary objective. I'd really appreciate any suggestions for any part of the trip, but especially Yosemite.
Thanks for helping me catch up with my plans.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 3 11 days SE coast road trip
- 4 Seattle in early August
- 5 Mackinac or Holland?
- 6 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 7 Memphis to Dallas
- 8 first trip to HI
- 9 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 10 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 11 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 12 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 13 Pittsburgh Trip
- 14 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 15 Maine in late October
- 16 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 17 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 18 1.5 days in Chicago
- 19 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 20 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 21 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 24 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 25 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
Dear Fodor Friends,