We have been snow skiing in Co. many times and love the mountains. We found some very cheap air fare so decided to do a short 3 day visit to Denver, Aug. 30 - Sept. 3. Need suggestions on some short day trips from Denver and where would be a good area to get accommodations to do things out from Denver. We have been to the Flying W dinner show in Co. Springs and loved it but I understand it is no longer open. Is there another dinner show in the area similar to Flying W? We love out doors and my husband is a cowboy. Idaho Springs looks interesting but would we want to stay there? Are there any NICE cabins on a lake nearby? We don't need luxury but we do need clean and comfortable. No Camping out. Not opposed to nice hotel just don't know what area to stay in. Open to suggestions. We are a party of 4 senior citizens ranging from 61 to 68 but very young at heart.
3 days, 4 nights in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 San Diego Little Italy
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips