We have been snow skiing in Co. many times and love the mountains. We found some very cheap air fare so decided to do a short 3 day visit to Denver, Aug. 30 - Sept. 3. Need suggestions on some short day trips from Denver and where would be a good area to get accommodations to do things out from Denver. We have been to the Flying W dinner show in Co. Springs and loved it but I understand it is no longer open. Is there another dinner show in the area similar to Flying W? We love out doors and my husband is a cowboy. Idaho Springs looks interesting but would we want to stay there? Are there any NICE cabins on a lake nearby? We don't need luxury but we do need clean and comfortable. No Camping out. Not opposed to nice hotel just don't know what area to stay in. Open to suggestions. We are a party of 4 senior citizens ranging from 61 to 68 but very young at heart.
3 days, 4 nights in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York city--best time to visit??
- 2 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 5 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 6 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 9 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 10 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 11 General Utah planning questions
- 12 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 Maui Luau?
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 18 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 19 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 20 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Boston area -- nature
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?