We have been snow skiing in Co. many times and love the mountains. We found some very cheap air fare so decided to do a short 3 day visit to Denver, Aug. 30 - Sept. 3. Need suggestions on some short day trips from Denver and where would be a good area to get accommodations to do things out from Denver. We have been to the Flying W dinner show in Co. Springs and loved it but I understand it is no longer open. Is there another dinner show in the area similar to Flying W? We love out doors and my husband is a cowboy. Idaho Springs looks interesting but would we want to stay there? Are there any NICE cabins on a lake nearby? We don't need luxury but we do need clean and comfortable. No Camping out. Not opposed to nice hotel just don't know what area to stay in. Open to suggestions. We are a party of 4 senior citizens ranging from 61 to 68 but very young at heart.
3 days, 4 nights in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 2 Minneapolis Parking
- 3 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 4 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 5 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 Camping Generator!?
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 10 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 11 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 12 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 13 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 14 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 15 New York City-New Things?
- 16 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 17 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 18 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 19 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 20 Alaska Trip Planning
- 21 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 22 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 23 Things to do in La Jolla
- 24 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report