My mom and I (two active, adult females) will be spending 3-4 days in Seattle in early to mid August as part of a PNW trip. This is our first trip to Seattle and we would like to see as much as possible. We will likely not have a car for this leg of the trip (unless a lot of commenters think it is necessary).
1. What parts of town are best/most convenient to stay in?
2. Where are the best places to eat that aren't too touristy or expensive?
3. What are the best things to do? (walking tours, biking tours, etc).
We are also willing to do day trips from the city but plan to hit up San Juan islands as another part of the trip (and Mt. Rainier on our way up from Portland).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 2 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 3 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 4 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 7 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 8 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 9 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 12 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 13 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 14 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset
- 15 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 16 Transit Advisory for July 4, 2017
- 17 Miane Lobster Rolls
- 18 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 19 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 20 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 21 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 22 Yosemite This Weekend
- 23 Where to stay in Boston?
- 24 Help with 6-7 Day Itinerary to Alaska (Early August)
- 25 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas