My mom and I (two active, adult females) will be spending 3-4 days in Seattle in early to mid August as part of a PNW trip. This is our first trip to Seattle and we would like to see as much as possible. We will likely not have a car for this leg of the trip (unless a lot of commenters think it is necessary).
1. What parts of town are best/most convenient to stay in?
2. Where are the best places to eat that aren't too touristy or expensive?
3. What are the best things to do? (walking tours, biking tours, etc).
We are also willing to do day trips from the city but plan to hit up San Juan islands as another part of the trip (and Mt. Rainier on our way up from Portland).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 2 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 3 Driving Alaska
- 4 Border crossing
- 5 March in New Mexico
- 6 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 7 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 8 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 9 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 10 Back from the Big Easy
- 11 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 12 Cross country tips
- 13 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 14 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Parka in PA during February?
- 17 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 18 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 19 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 20 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 21 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 22 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 23 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 CEO Dollar Rental Car