My mom and I (two active, adult females) will be spending 3-4 days in Seattle in early to mid August as part of a PNW trip. This is our first trip to Seattle and we would like to see as much as possible. We will likely not have a car for this leg of the trip (unless a lot of commenters think it is necessary).
1. What parts of town are best/most convenient to stay in?
2. Where are the best places to eat that aren't too touristy or expensive?
3. What are the best things to do? (walking tours, biking tours, etc).
We are also willing to do day trips from the city but plan to hit up San Juan islands as another part of the trip (and Mt. Rainier on our way up from Portland).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 2 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 3 SF and northern California - October
- 4 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 5 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 6 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 7 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 8 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 9 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 10 Alabama trip in Dec
- 11 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 12 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 November redwoods trip
- 15 Yellowstone
- 16 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 17 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 18 costco Big island
- 19 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 20 Which island for R&R?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 23 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 24 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG