My mom and I (two active, adult females) will be spending 3-4 days in Seattle in early to mid August as part of a PNW trip. This is our first trip to Seattle and we would like to see as much as possible. We will likely not have a car for this leg of the trip (unless a lot of commenters think it is necessary).
1. What parts of town are best/most convenient to stay in?
2. Where are the best places to eat that aren't too touristy or expensive?
3. What are the best things to do? (walking tours, biking tours, etc).
We are also willing to do day trips from the city but plan to hit up San Juan islands as another part of the trip (and Mt. Rainier on our way up from Portland).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 2 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 3 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 4 http://newmusclesupplements.com/endovex/
- 5 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 6 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 8 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 9 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 10 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 11 US Trip
- 12 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 13 Bryce and Zion planning
- 14 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 15 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 16 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 17 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 18 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 19 Ohio to NYC
- 20 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 21 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 22 4 days road trip southern New England
- 23 Philly Itinerary Help
- 24 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 25 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego