We are going to Maui at the end of October for 9 nights and we're thinking of splitting up our time between Hana and elsewhere, and we need help deciding where to stay. Do you think with only 8 full days it's worth it to split up where we stay?
Our first trip to Maui was in Feb and we did the Hana highway in one day and loved the area... It felt so secluded and peaceful and we think we'd like to stay there for at least a few nights, or maybe longer...? We like to eat out but also don't mind cooking some meals. Our priorities on the trip are lots of R&R where we have a few days of doing nothing but reading and sunning on a beach. I am also a swimmer and like to swim laps in the ocean. However, we don't know if there are any good beaches along Hana for these activities... Where is a good place to stay along Hana that has good access to the beaches? How many nights should we stay in Hana? Will we be able to swim at the end of Oct?
We're also confused about where to base ourselves for the non-Hana segment of our trip... Last time we stayed in Hale Ono Loa in Lahaina and although we liked the condo, we often found ourselves driving to other beaches like Napili Bay since the beach in front of our condo was rocky. Staying somewhere where we could walk to the beach (a beach with shade!) is our first priority. Our other favorite activity is snorkeling. We didn't care for Kaanapali and the high-rises. The smaller the complex, the better... We are looking at the following places but are open to other suggestions:
- Napili Bay (out of our price range but considering splurging)
- Waiohuli Beach Hale in Kihei - I love the pool and the reviews seem to indicate it's adult-oriented, "quiet" is a definite plus!
- Maui Vista - close to Kamaole beaches, how are they in Oct? Safe for swimming? Which is best, I, II or III?
We prefer oceanfront i.e. nothing where there is a road between the condo and the beach. And we need a beach with trees for shade... Thanks in advance for any input! Our budget is $100-$120 per night.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 UNITED : BROTHER SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:888-279-0246 BROTHER PRINTER 24*7
- 2 canada&NY Gmail Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:855:999:8045 Tec*h SUPPORT
- 3 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 4 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 5 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 7 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 8 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 9 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 10 Orlando area weather in June
- 11 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 12 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 13 New Itinerary
- 14 Help with Northwest Trip
- 15 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 16 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 17 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 18 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 19 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 20 road trip
- 21 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 22 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 23 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 24 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 25 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
2nd trip to Maui (9 nights) & thinking of staying in Hana or Hana and ?