We are going to Maui at the end of October for 9 nights and we're thinking of splitting up our time between Hana and elsewhere, and we need help deciding where to stay. Do you think with only 8 full days it's worth it to split up where we stay?
Our first trip to Maui was in Feb and we did the Hana highway in one day and loved the area... It felt so secluded and peaceful and we think we'd like to stay there for at least a few nights, or maybe longer...? We like to eat out but also don't mind cooking some meals. Our priorities on the trip are lots of R&R where we have a few days of doing nothing but reading and sunning on a beach. I am also a swimmer and like to swim laps in the ocean. However, we don't know if there are any good beaches along Hana for these activities... Where is a good place to stay along Hana that has good access to the beaches? How many nights should we stay in Hana? Will we be able to swim at the end of Oct?
We're also confused about where to base ourselves for the non-Hana segment of our trip... Last time we stayed in Hale Ono Loa in Lahaina and although we liked the condo, we often found ourselves driving to other beaches like Napili Bay since the beach in front of our condo was rocky. Staying somewhere where we could walk to the beach (a beach with shade!) is our first priority. Our other favorite activity is snorkeling. We didn't care for Kaanapali and the high-rises. The smaller the complex, the better... We are looking at the following places but are open to other suggestions:
- Napili Bay (out of our price range but considering splurging)
- Waiohuli Beach Hale in Kihei - I love the pool and the reviews seem to indicate it's adult-oriented, "quiet" is a definite plus!
- Maui Vista - close to Kamaole beaches, how are they in Oct? Safe for swimming? Which is best, I, II or III?
We prefer oceanfront i.e. nothing where there is a road between the condo and the beach. And we need a beach with trees for shade... Thanks in advance for any input! Our budget is $100-$120 per night.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.strongtesterone.com/alpha-xl-boost/
- 2 How much time in Badlands?
- 3 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 4 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 5 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 6 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 7 DC Restaurants
- 8 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 9 Short Oregon Trip
- 10 usa roadtrip
- 11 Hawaii and...where?
- 12 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 13 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 14 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Chicago 2017
- 17 Christmas in Colorado
- 18 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 19 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 20 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 21 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 22 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 23 Marfa/Big Bend
- 24 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 25 JFK to Washington
2nd trip to Maui (9 nights) & thinking of staying in Hana or Hana and ?