Hi Fodors Forumites!
My partner and I have recently purchased a 17ft campervan and are planning a 24 day trip around the South. We live in Montreal, Canada and we're in our early 30's. We like good food, music, culture and hiking/visiting National Parks.
Here is our itinerary so far. We still have a few days to play with and are looking for suggestions. We know there is a lot of driving and we're OK with that!
Charleston and Savannah are not on this list - we'll be doing that trip later on in the year.
Day 1: Montreal - Louisville
Day 2: Louisville - Nashville (taking in some towns along the Bourbon trail)
Day 3 - 4: Nashville
Day 5: Nashville - Memphis
Day 6 - 7: Memphis
Day 8: Memphis - Clarksdale
Day 9: Clarksdale - Natchez
Day 10: Natchez - New Orleans
Day 11 - 14: New Orleans
Day 15: New Orleans - Great Smoky National Park
Day 16 - 17: GSNP
Day 18: GSNP - Asheville
Day 19 - 20: Asheville
And we still have 4 days to play with.
We know we will miss the Kentucky Derby and the NO Jazz Fest but we have to be at work in May.
Where would you add extra days? Is there anything else we must see along the route?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 2 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 3 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 4 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 5 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 6 Great OR beach house locations?
- 7 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 8 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 9 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 10 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 13 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 14 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 15 No Spam this morning!!
- 16 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 17 Honeymoon on PCH
- 18 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 19 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 20 San Francisco transit options
- 21 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 22 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 23 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 24 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 25 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
Hi Fodors Forumites!