I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/zytekxl/
- 2 http://newmusclesupplements.com/zytek-xl/
- 3 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 4 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 5 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 6 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 7 Sonoma
- 8 Northwest Passage
- 9 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 10 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 11 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 12 Alaska cruise
- 13 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 14 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 15 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska