I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The best sunset
- 2 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 3 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 4 Road trip advice needed please
- 5 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 6 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 7 florida gulf coast
- 8 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 9 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 10 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 11 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 12 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 13 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 14 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 15 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 16 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 17 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 18 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 19 Family Trip advice please?!
- 20 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 21 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 22 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 23 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 24 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 25 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington