I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time visit to California
- 2 Hilton Head
- 3 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 6 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 7 Must see places in Washington & Oregon
- 8 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 9 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 10 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 11 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 12 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 13 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 14 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 15 Southwest US
- 16 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 17 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 18 Reno GTG?
- 19 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 20 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 21 Lake Powell
- 22 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 23 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 24 Car Rental in Sedona
- 25 Las Vegas show