I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
2 weeks on the east coast in June 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 3 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 4 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 5 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 6 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 7 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 8 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 Sunitoomas - stop shilling for that company
- 11 Tour companies
- 12 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 15 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 16 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 17 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 18 Quick Trip to NYC
- 19 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 20 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 21 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 22 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 23 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 24 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 25 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin