I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Muscle Gain @ http://musclebuildingbuy.com/nitrobuild-plus-avis/
- 2 Just How To Create Massive Biceps .
- 3 http://eternitynaturalsgarcinia.com/acai-plus-avis/
- 4 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 5 November redwoods trip
- 6 Derma Vibrance Skin Cream
- 7 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 8 First Trip to New Mexico
- 9 ExoSlim is such a great weight loss option
- 10 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 11 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 12 Layover
- 13 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 14 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 15 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 16 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 17 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 18 Wedding gifts?
- 19 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 20 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 21 Seattle?
- 22 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 23 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 24 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 25 driving from Atlanta to Denver