I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 3 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 4 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 5 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 6 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 7 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 10 Dallas airport to bush library
- 11 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 12 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 13 Northern California Gardens.
- 14 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 15 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 16 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 17 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 18 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 19 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 20 Arches or Zion?
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 22 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 23 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 24 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 25 Providence RI Waterfire