I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://testboosthelp.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 2 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 3 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 4 GPS app without data
- 5 Steamboat in August
- 6 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 7 http://forbesflawlessfacts.com/vitalpeak-xt-reviews/
- 8 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 9 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 10 Extended weekend beach get away
- 11 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 12 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 13 http://www.xtgenixau.com/addys-focus-reviews/
- 14 Parking US OPEN
- 15 Southern history- walkable cities
- 16 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 17 Autumn in Maine
- 18 10 days vacation in Maine
- 19 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 20 Are you looking Effective Updated News?
- 21 san fransisco to crater lake
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 24 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 25 Zion and Bryce in July