I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 2 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 3 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 4 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 5 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 6 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 7 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 8 Any Sanibel experts?
- 9 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 10 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 11 Later Winter around Mobile
- 12 Rafting the Colorado
- 13 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 14 Florida keys trip
- 15 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 16 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 17 Coffee in Boston?
- 18 Nashville Never Been
- 19 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 20 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 21 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 22 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 23 Traveling in winter
- 24 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 25 Charleston & Savannah Lodging