I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 2 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 3 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 4 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 5 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 6 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 7 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 8 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 9 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 10 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 11 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 12 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 13 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 14 Rental Car Orlando
- 15 Inexpensive family getaways
- 16 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 17 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 18 Discounted Rental Car?
- 19 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 20 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 21 Valdez, Alaska
- 22 NJ to Florida drive
- 23 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 24 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 25 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants