I am 28yr old guy from India and am going to visit US in the last two weeks of June this year. This will be my first trip to the states.
I will be taking flights through New York and I plan to stay around east coast for the entire duration.
For now I have decided to spend about a week in New York, and a couple of days each at Washington DC and Boston. This still leaves me with about 3-4 days spare. I need your advice on how to spend the rest of my trip.
1. I wish to stick to the east coast and cover some important cities here properly
2. I would prefer to travel via Rail or bus. I could, however, take the flight for short durations (2 hrs flying time tops)
3. My interests are history, museums, music, general sight seeing etc. I am a big foodie(very enthusiastically non vegetarian) and love to try local/new cuisine. I would also like to visit pubs and try local brews. I am not very big on the whole clubbing scene(though NY would have some options I guess) but I enjoy going to pubs with live music, good food and alcohol and generally friendly crowds.
4. Now, I could either increase the length of my stay at each of three cities - NY, DC and Boston. Or I could include one more city around that area which you guys could suggest based on my preferences.
5. Someone suggested to visit Miami, and although I love beaches, I think June would be too hot and humid down there. Am I correct?
6. I was also thinking about including a day visit to Niagara falls.
7. I have a feeling that the three cities I have chosen might end up appearing all too similar by the end of the trip( I may be wrong here) and hence I wanted to include a fourth city which could be slightly different from the others.
8. Other cities which came to my mind - Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville,Charleston.
Would be grateful if you guys could provide some suggestions. And just in case it helps, I would be traveling on a budget and would look for youth hostels/affordable hotels wherever I stay.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 2 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 3 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 4 flagstaff
- 5 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 6 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 7 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 8 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 9 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 10 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 13 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 14 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 15 Austin, Hotel
- 16 US Trip
- 17 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 Maui - luau question
- 20 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 21 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 23 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 24 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 25 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)