Traveling in August with mom and aunt. flying into boston as start/end. would like to take a driving tour of some major sites/places in MA, VT, NH (ME?) - we will probably have to limit it down. then 1 week at the beach either in nantucket or cape cod (with family and young children - so family friendly there). any ideas for possible itineraries? we won't do a lot of hiking etc. we'd like a mix of history, culture, scenic areas, small town sites, etc. i've done a lot of research, but hard to narrow down and hard to really know how much time to spend at each place and how to structure the drive/days/where to spend the night and where to just visit for the day and move on. we will branch out a few days while at the beach too - so any possible day trips/local trips from the beach location would be helpful as well. i know this is fairly broad request. thanks much!
2 weeks in New England
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabin in Asheville area
- 2 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 3 Advice on Roadtrip
- 4 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 5 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 6 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 7 Zion the narrows
- 8 Seattle Transportation??
- 9 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 10 New England Family Trip - August
- 11 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 12 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 13 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 14 Cell phone service in Moab
- 15 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 16 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 22 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 23 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 24 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 25 Another Trip to DC for baseball!