My husband and I are planning our 30th wedding anniversary trip for Summer of 2015. (best month?) We love wildlife viewing, photography, some hiking, would like to try salmon fishing. We have 2 weeks to spend and would probably fly into Anchorage. We definitely want to visit Denali and Kenai Fjords and possibly Homer. Would love any advice on an itinerary. We don't want to come away feeling that we "crammed" everything in. Would prefer to spend a 2-3 days at places that are must-see's. I am reading alot about rental cars not being allowed in certain areas. Is there a rental agency that does allow you to take your vehicle on dirt roads? One of the places I am looking at staying suggest a SUV. My husband would really like to go to Katmai for the bear viewing, but everything I've seen is very expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2 weeks in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Daytona Beach and ??
- 2 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 3 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 4 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 5 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 6 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 7 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 8 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 9 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 10 Beach holiday with baby
- 11 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 12 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 13 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 14 Grand Marais?
- 15 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 16 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 17 Salt Lake City
- 18 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 19 First visit in New Mexico
- 20 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 21 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 22 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 23 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 24 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 25 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible