My husband and I are planning our 30th wedding anniversary trip for Summer of 2015. (best month?) We love wildlife viewing, photography, some hiking, would like to try salmon fishing. We have 2 weeks to spend and would probably fly into Anchorage. We definitely want to visit Denali and Kenai Fjords and possibly Homer. Would love any advice on an itinerary. We don't want to come away feeling that we "crammed" everything in. Would prefer to spend a 2-3 days at places that are must-see's. I am reading alot about rental cars not being allowed in certain areas. Is there a rental agency that does allow you to take your vehicle on dirt roads? One of the places I am looking at staying suggest a SUV. My husband would really like to go to Katmai for the bear viewing, but everything I've seen is very expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2 weeks in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 3 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice