My husband and I are planning our 30th wedding anniversary trip for Summer of 2015. (best month?) We love wildlife viewing, photography, some hiking, would like to try salmon fishing. We have 2 weeks to spend and would probably fly into Anchorage. We definitely want to visit Denali and Kenai Fjords and possibly Homer. Would love any advice on an itinerary. We don't want to come away feeling that we "crammed" everything in. Would prefer to spend a 2-3 days at places that are must-see's. I am reading alot about rental cars not being allowed in certain areas. Is there a rental agency that does allow you to take your vehicle on dirt roads? One of the places I am looking at staying suggest a SUV. My husband would really like to go to Katmai for the bear viewing, but everything I've seen is very expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2 weeks in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 SFO black friday traffic
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 General Utah planning questions
- 14 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 15 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 16 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations