I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 5 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 6 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 7 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 8 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 9 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 10 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 13 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 14 West Maui Restaurants
- 15 San Diego Little Italy
- 16 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 17 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?