I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 2 New York City in April
- 3 Baytown, Texas
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 6 Moving from VA to CT
- 7 New Orleans pictures
- 8 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 9 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 10 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 11 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 12 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 13 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 16 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 17 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 18 American Honeymoon in March
- 19 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 20 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 21 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 22 Dining in Manhattan
- 23 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 24 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 25 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea