I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
View all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 3 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 6 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 12 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 13 San Antonio
- 14 hotel near Met NYC
- 15 Key West on NYE
- 16 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 19 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 20 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 21 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 22 Hotel near Public Theater
- 23 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions