I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015