I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 2 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 3 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 6 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 7 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 8 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 9 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 10 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 11 10 day trip
- 12 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 13 Utah restaurants
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 15 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 16 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 17 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 18 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 19 Venice tourist travel pass
- 20 Crossville, TN in March
- 21 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 24 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 25 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI