I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 2 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 3 Alaska- Best tours
- 4 Savannah GA
- 5 Hotels near beach orange county
- 6 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 7 Things to do around New York
- 8 Cape cod and Acadia
- 9 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 10 Daytona Beach and ??
- 11 Yellowstone Dining
- 12 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 13 Grand Marais?
- 14 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 15 Coronado Ferry
- 16 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 17 First visit in New Mexico
- 18 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 19 Maine in latter half of September
- 20 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 21 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 22 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 23 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 24 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 25 Colorado trip in early May