I'm planning a 2 week vacation (2 adults) starting in northwestern IL through Iowa and following the Nebraska Scenic By-Ways in Northern Nebraska, shooting up to see Mt Rushmore, and then continuing down the western edge of Nebraska to return by the southern Scenic By-Ways. Any suggestions on attractions or lodging? We won't be stopping for siteseeing in Iowa since we've seen most of Iowa already. Our only interest is Northern and Southern Nebraska and the Mt Rushmore area. I would especially appreciate a suggestion on where to stay near Mt Rushmore. We are planning on allowing time to stop and enjoy sites along the by-ways, so intend to cover 400 or less miles per day. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
2 weeks from western IL through Nebraska to Mt Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 2 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 3 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 4 West Coast Road Trip
- 5 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 6 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 7 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 8 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 9 California
- 10 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 11 Moving to New Jersey
- 12 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 13 Maui itinerary
- 14 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 15 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 16 Car Needed in Austin?
- 17 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 18 New Orleans Weekend
- 19 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 20 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 21 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 22 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 23 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 24 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 25 Delaware - what do you recommend?