DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 2 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 3 from Moab to Bryce
- 4 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 5 Vegas in mid may
- 6 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 7 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 8 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 9 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 10 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 11 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 12 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 14 Maui with tweens/teens - looking for activities
- 15 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 16 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 17 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 19 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 20 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 21 Hana from the aiport
- 22 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 23 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 24 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 25 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge