DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 2 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 3 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 4 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 5 Chicago trip
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 8 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 9 moving to florida
- 10 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 11 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 12 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 13 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 14 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 15 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 16 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 Santa Barbara, California
- 19 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 20 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 21 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 22 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Road Trip SW