DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Santa Barbara, California
- 3 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 9 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 10 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 11 Charlotte restaurant help
- 12 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 17 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 18 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 19 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 20 Chicago trip
- 21 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 22 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 23 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Day trip to CT from NYC