DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 2 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 3 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 4 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 5 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 6 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 7 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 10 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 DC - WW2 flyover
- 13 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 16 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 New York City-New Things?
- 19 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 20 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 21 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 22 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 23 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 24 Romantic destination in the US
- 25 final plans utah/arizona trip