DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 2 Does it seem like people in the US have become...
- 3 Cape cod and Acadia
- 4 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 5 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 6 Grand Marais?
- 7 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 8 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 9 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 10 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 11 Barrow Alaska
- 12 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 13 Salt Lake City
- 14 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 15 Park City Utah
- 16 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 17 Maine in latter half of September
- 18 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 19 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 20 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 21 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 22 Colorado trip
- 23 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 24 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 25 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?