DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 3 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 4 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 5 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 6 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 10 Washington, DC to Boston
- 11 New Orleans Weekend
- 12 Phoenix restaurants
- 13 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 14 San Diego Trip Report
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 17 rain in Kauai
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 20 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 25 A few hours in Salt Lake City