DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 3 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 New York City-New Things?
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 8 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 9 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 10 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 11 DC - WW2 flyover
- 12 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 13 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 14 Romantic destination in the US
- 15 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 16 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 17 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 18 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 Mount Vernon?
- 21 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 22 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 25 First time to Hawaii (Maui)