DH and I are planning to attend a wedding next August in San Jose and thought we'd take the opportunity to build a longer trip around it. We're planning to rent a car and have 15 nights total, ending in Seattle. I've never been to Oregon or Washington. Our main interests are beautiful scenery, hiking, wildlife, and wineries. We like nice hotels/B&Bs with good views and love spending time in state and national parks. Can people recommend good places to stop along the way, preferably under around $200/night?
2-week road trip from San Jose, CA to Seattle in August -- advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 2 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 3 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 4 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 5 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 6 Utah restaurants
- 7 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 8 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 9 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 10 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 11 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 12 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 14 10 day trip
- 15 Short Road Trip California Arizona – Less than a week
- 16 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 17 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 18 Help with road trip - San Fran to Whister
- 19 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 20 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 21 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 22 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 23 Venice tourist travel pass
- 24 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 25 Italian restaurants in NYC