Does anyone have any tips or advice on a trip to DC and NYC. My wife and I along with our two daughters ages 11 and 13, and my parents will be driving from Arkansas next summer. We would like to stay about 5-7 days in DC then take the train to NYC for 5-7 days then take the train back to DC and drive home. We would like to hit the high points of DC maybe take some tours and see the Smithsonians. In NYC we would like to see The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, 911 memorial, maybe a Broadway show, and maybe Times Square. It would be nice to get a package deal with hotels, train tickets, tour tickets, and attraction tickets. Anyone got any tips, advice, or websites that would help?
2 Week Family Vacation to Washington DC and NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 2 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 6 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 7 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 8 Transportation help in Philly
- 9 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 10 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 11 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 12 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 13 New York Trip
- 14 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 17 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 18 palm desert, CA
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 late-night DC restaurant
- 21 Balloon fest hotels
- 22 Philadelphia ?
- 23 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 24 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 25 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii