We are planning a two week family vacation with our two kids (7, 3 yo) for the first two weeks of August. We are based in Nothern NJ. We've been going to the outer Hamptons (Hampton Bays) for the past several years but we are looking for a new (and possibly less expensive) alternative destination. We can either be based in one place or switch places a couple of times this time to make it more of a sightseeing trip but we'd like to stay at least part of it on/near the ocean. We like proximity to good restaurants, cute towns/villages and of course, kids activities. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 2 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 3 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 4 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 5 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 6 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 7 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 8 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 9 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 10 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 11 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 12 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 13 Boston waterfront Italian
- 14 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 15 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 16 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 17 Kids Vacation Place
- 18 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 19 Napa valley getaway
- 20 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 21 Day in Spokane
- 22 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 23 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 24 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 25 Aug. cruise wardrobe
2 week beach holiday with kids in NorthEast - Need suggestions, please!