We are planning a two week family vacation with our two kids (7, 3 yo) for the first two weeks of August. We are based in Nothern NJ. We've been going to the outer Hamptons (Hampton Bays) for the past several years but we are looking for a new (and possibly less expensive) alternative destination. We can either be based in one place or switch places a couple of times this time to make it more of a sightseeing trip but we'd like to stay at least part of it on/near the ocean. We like proximity to good restaurants, cute towns/villages and of course, kids activities. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 florida gulf coast
- 2 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 3 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 4 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 5 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 6 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 7 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 8 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 9 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 10 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 11 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 12 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 13 Family Trip advice please?!
- 14 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 15 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 18 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 19 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 22 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 23 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 24 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 25 Roadtrippin on Route 66
2 week beach holiday with kids in NorthEast - Need suggestions, please!