I'm planning a trip with my 2 sisters-in-law at the end of June and they are interested in beach time during our stay...which beaches would you recommend for lazing around in a beach chair and reading a book? I'm trying to narrow down our hotel options but wasn't sure what the parking situation would be (i.e. if we stay in the marina area, will we be able to find parking easily if we need to drive to the beach, and vice versa). If anyone has an opinion of whether it's better to stay near the marina within walking distance of shops and food and drive to the beaches (or stay near the beach and drive into the marina area), please chime in!
2 nights in Newport, RI
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 2 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 3 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 4 Rental Services
- 5 Safety in New Orleans
- 6 Montana- what are must see places?
- 7 Road to Hana
- 8 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 9 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 10 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 11 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 12 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 15 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 16 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 17 Hawaii is still Hell
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 20 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 21 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 22 Orlando parks advice
- 23 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 24 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 25 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices