We're planning a two-week trip this Sept/Oct. flying in and out of Boston from Arizona.
After spending 3-4 nights in Boston, we'll have a car and will drive through Maine, NH, Vermont and Mass.
I thought we'd spend two nights in Portland (other suggestions???), stopping on the way in Portsmouth.
Then we'll head inland.
I'd like some recommendations for places (towns) in which to stay. We like quaint, beautiful scenery and character.
Our interests are: foliage, the cheese trail in Vermont, wineries if possible, galleries, great food, light hiking. NOT interested in outlet shopping.
I posted an earlier question and got some great input, but our plans have slightly changed.
Thanks in advance!
2 nights each in Maine, NH, VT & Mass - need help!!!
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 4 Princeville in January
- 5 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 6 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 7 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 8 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 9 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 12 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 13 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 14 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 15 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 16 RIP Judy Rogers
- 17 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 18 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 19 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 20 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 21 hotel near Met NYC
- 22 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 23 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 24 pa to az
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013