We're planning a two-week trip this Sept/Oct. flying in and out of Boston from Arizona.
After spending 3-4 nights in Boston, we'll have a car and will drive through Maine, NH, Vermont and Mass.
I thought we'd spend two nights in Portland (other suggestions???), stopping on the way in Portsmouth.
Then we'll head inland.
I'd like some recommendations for places (towns) in which to stay. We like quaint, beautiful scenery and character.
Our interests are: foliage, the cheese trail in Vermont, wineries if possible, galleries, great food, light hiking. NOT interested in outlet shopping.
I posted an earlier question and got some great input, but our plans have slightly changed.
Thanks in advance!
2 nights each in Maine, NH, VT & Mass - need help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?