We're planning a two-week trip this Sept/Oct. flying in and out of Boston from Arizona.
After spending 3-4 nights in Boston, we'll have a car and will drive through Maine, NH, Vermont and Mass.
I thought we'd spend two nights in Portland (other suggestions???), stopping on the way in Portsmouth.
Then we'll head inland.
I'd like some recommendations for places (towns) in which to stay. We like quaint, beautiful scenery and character.
Our interests are: foliage, the cheese trail in Vermont, wineries if possible, galleries, great food, light hiking. NOT interested in outlet shopping.
I posted an earlier question and got some great input, but our plans have slightly changed.
Thanks in advance!
2 nights each in Maine, NH, VT & Mass - need help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day trip to California
- 2 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 3 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Rafting near Denali
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 11 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 12 Kennedy Space Center
- 13 Week in October in Maine
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 17 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 18 B-Day Mini adventure
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 23 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 24 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 25 Commuting from Long Beach NY to Tarrytown NY for work, need advice HELP!