Hmm, I really need your advice on this.
Now for some of this trip I'm going to be off on my own.
I have two (measly) days to explore San Francisco, first time, I've never been there (very excited).
Really would love your opinion on where to go, what to see, places to walk around in, and yummy food places (be it gourmet shops, or eateries).
I must confess, (don't get upset), but I don't want to see Alcatraz.
I really enjoy interesting walks around a fun city, so would love your feedback on where's best to walk and fun shopping (***) to do. I especially enjoy looking at historical buildings.
I also heard San Fran has some fab chocolate gourmet shops and other yummy things. Where do you prefer?
I'm not sure how much 'fine dining' I will do. I'll be on my own, so I might feel funny eating at some fancy place. However, if there's a must do place, I'm all ears (or eyes )
I am hoping to do a quick sightseeing trip to Muir woods as well for a few hours by one of those mini buses.
So I have some ideas on stuff I'd like to do, But I do feel that I must turn to you, the Travel Experts for your great advice on my 2 day San Francisco, California excursion.
Greatly Appreciate your insight on this. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 2 Theatre, music outside on a summer night in NYC?
- 3 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 4 Depot Bay OR
- 5 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 6 Glacier National Park in September
- 7 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 8 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 9 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 10 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 11 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 12 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 13 New Software
- 14 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 15 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 16 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 17 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 18 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 19 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 20 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 23 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 24 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 25 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
2 Days in San Francisco--Best stuff to cram in? To do, see, eat, shop, walk?