Leaving Kooskia ID Sep 4th heading to Glacier. First night staying at Lake McDonald Lodge. Do we eat at the Lodge, or is there a better recommendation? Place to buy next day's lunch? Sep 5th planning to drive GTTS to Many Glacier. Will that take a full day? I'm thinking there are places to stop along the way with short hikes. Our 2nd night is at Many Glacier Hotel. Same questions concerning meals? On Sat the 6th I my husband and I want to a day hike. Grinnell Glacier or Iceberg Lake? Pros and cons of each? I'm looking for scenery; he's looking for wildlife, especially big horn sheep and bears. I read there's an 8:30 ranger led boat ride and hike to Grinnell Glacier that lasts 8 1/2 hours. I was hoping to do it in less time because we're leaving that afternoon to go spend the night at Lodgepole Tipi Village. How long will it take to drive from Many Glacier to St Mary's? Thinking of stopping there for supper at the Park Cafe.
2 days in Glacier
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 2 Road Trip SW
- 3 NYC IN AUGUST
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Fancy dining
- 6 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 7 culpepper
- 8 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 9 Santa Barbara, California
- 10 Essential Information About Travel Insurance
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 16 Road trip Houston to DC- where should we stop?
- 17 Will have five days in Savannah
- 18 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 19 May visit to Denali
- 20 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 21 Chicago trip
- 22 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 25 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?