Leaving Kooskia ID Sep 4th heading to Glacier. First night staying at Lake McDonald Lodge. Do we eat at the Lodge, or is there a better recommendation? Place to buy next day's lunch? Sep 5th planning to drive GTTS to Many Glacier. Will that take a full day? I'm thinking there are places to stop along the way with short hikes. Our 2nd night is at Many Glacier Hotel. Same questions concerning meals? On Sat the 6th I my husband and I want to a day hike. Grinnell Glacier or Iceberg Lake? Pros and cons of each? I'm looking for scenery; he's looking for wildlife, especially big horn sheep and bears. I read there's an 8:30 ranger led boat ride and hike to Grinnell Glacier that lasts 8 1/2 hours. I was hoping to do it in less time because we're leaving that afternoon to go spend the night at Lodgepole Tipi Village. How long will it take to drive from Many Glacier to St Mary's? Thinking of stopping there for supper at the Park Cafe.
2 days in Glacier
View all United States activity »
- 1 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 2 California Tour Groups?
- 3 Hotel near Public Theater
- 4 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 5 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 6 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 7 Warm and don't Drive
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 10 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 13 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 14 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 17 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 18 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 24 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 25 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014