Leaving Kooskia ID Sep 4th heading to Glacier. First night staying at Lake McDonald Lodge. Do we eat at the Lodge, or is there a better recommendation? Place to buy next day's lunch? Sep 5th planning to drive GTTS to Many Glacier. Will that take a full day? I'm thinking there are places to stop along the way with short hikes. Our 2nd night is at Many Glacier Hotel. Same questions concerning meals? On Sat the 6th I my husband and I want to a day hike. Grinnell Glacier or Iceberg Lake? Pros and cons of each? I'm looking for scenery; he's looking for wildlife, especially big horn sheep and bears. I read there's an 8:30 ranger led boat ride and hike to Grinnell Glacier that lasts 8 1/2 hours. I was hoping to do it in less time because we're leaving that afternoon to go spend the night at Lodgepole Tipi Village. How long will it take to drive from Many Glacier to St Mary's? Thinking of stopping there for supper at the Park Cafe.
2 days in Glacier
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 2 USA trip
- 3 How to dress in Vegas
- 4 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 5 Chicago Questions
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Air Connections on Maui
- 8 camaro hire in waikiki
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 11 Timeshare Nightmares
- 12 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Breckenridge in October
- 15 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 16 Orlando for Work
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 19 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 25 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please