Leaving Kooskia ID Sep 4th heading to Glacier. First night staying at Lake McDonald Lodge. Do we eat at the Lodge, or is there a better recommendation? Place to buy next day's lunch? Sep 5th planning to drive GTTS to Many Glacier. Will that take a full day? I'm thinking there are places to stop along the way with short hikes. Our 2nd night is at Many Glacier Hotel. Same questions concerning meals? On Sat the 6th I my husband and I want to a day hike. Grinnell Glacier or Iceberg Lake? Pros and cons of each? I'm looking for scenery; he's looking for wildlife, especially big horn sheep and bears. I read there's an 8:30 ranger led boat ride and hike to Grinnell Glacier that lasts 8 1/2 hours. I was hoping to do it in less time because we're leaving that afternoon to go spend the night at Lodgepole Tipi Village. How long will it take to drive from Many Glacier to St Mary's? Thinking of stopping there for supper at the Park Cafe.
2 days in Glacier
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 6 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 11 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 12 Universal studios/Orlando
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Wedding venue in NH
- 15 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 20 San Diego parks and attractions
- 21 Alaska
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 24 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 25 Arizona road trip any changes?