Leaving Kooskia ID Sep 4th heading to Glacier. First night staying at Lake McDonald Lodge. Do we eat at the Lodge, or is there a better recommendation? Place to buy next day's lunch? Sep 5th planning to drive GTTS to Many Glacier. Will that take a full day? I'm thinking there are places to stop along the way with short hikes. Our 2nd night is at Many Glacier Hotel. Same questions concerning meals? On Sat the 6th I my husband and I want to a day hike. Grinnell Glacier or Iceberg Lake? Pros and cons of each? I'm looking for scenery; he's looking for wildlife, especially big horn sheep and bears. I read there's an 8:30 ranger led boat ride and hike to Grinnell Glacier that lasts 8 1/2 hours. I was hoping to do it in less time because we're leaving that afternoon to go spend the night at Lodgepole Tipi Village. How long will it take to drive from Many Glacier to St Mary's? Thinking of stopping there for supper at the Park Cafe.
2 days in Glacier
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 2 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 3 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 4 Colorado aspen updates
- 5 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 6 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 7 Worst Restaurants in America
- 8 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Newport Restaurants
- 11 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 12 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 13 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 14 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 15 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 16 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Broadway choices
- 20 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Fairbanks Alaska
- 23 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Yosemite Lodging