My husband and I are hoping to escape NYC this labor day (I know it's late and traffic will be heavy) we will leave early on 9/3 and have an afternoon/evening of sight seeing/dining and spend the night on Sunday 9/3/06. Then we will spend day on Monday and leave around 4pm. We are looking for rocky coasts and water and light houses and quaint town. Also, since we will be driving a long way to get there we want to be able to do most sight-seeing on foot and don't want to worry about parking...not sure if we will go to Cape Cod or RI. Please suggest...our ideal trip would include beautiful views of nature. Good food. Light shopping. Lighthouses/whale watching...nice hotel (we can spend up to $300 for a night)...I know it's a lot to ask...Block Island? Falmouth? Newport? Chatham? I really don't know the area...thanks
2 days and 1 night...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 10 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 11 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 12 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 13 Alaska
- 14 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 15 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 18 San Diego parks and attractions
- 19 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 20 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 21 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 22 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 23 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 NYC theatre broadway