My husband and I are hoping to escape NYC this labor day (I know it's late and traffic will be heavy) we will leave early on 9/3 and have an afternoon/evening of sight seeing/dining and spend the night on Sunday 9/3/06. Then we will spend day on Monday and leave around 4pm. We are looking for rocky coasts and water and light houses and quaint town. Also, since we will be driving a long way to get there we want to be able to do most sight-seeing on foot and don't want to worry about parking...not sure if we will go to Cape Cod or RI. Please suggest...our ideal trip would include beautiful views of nature. Good food. Light shopping. Lighthouses/whale watching...nice hotel (we can spend up to $300 for a night)...I know it's a lot to ask...Block Island? Falmouth? Newport? Chatham? I really don't know the area...thanks
2 days and 1 night...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 5 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 6 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 7 Clearwater FL area
- 8 Los Angeles day trips
- 9 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 10 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 11 trip advice from TN to TX
- 12 san diego or nearby area
- 13 middlebury vt snow
- 14 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 15 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 16 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 17 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 18 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 19 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 20 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 21 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 22 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 23 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 24 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 25 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway