My husband and I are hoping to escape NYC this labor day (I know it's late and traffic will be heavy) we will leave early on 9/3 and have an afternoon/evening of sight seeing/dining and spend the night on Sunday 9/3/06. Then we will spend day on Monday and leave around 4pm. We are looking for rocky coasts and water and light houses and quaint town. Also, since we will be driving a long way to get there we want to be able to do most sight-seeing on foot and don't want to worry about parking...not sure if we will go to Cape Cod or RI. Please suggest...our ideal trip would include beautiful views of nature. Good food. Light shopping. Lighthouses/whale watching...nice hotel (we can spend up to $300 for a night)...I know it's a lot to ask...Block Island? Falmouth? Newport? Chatham? I really don't know the area...thanks
2 days and 1 night...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 2 Philadelphia ?
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 6 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 7 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 8 late-night DC restaurant
- 9 Houston in September
- 10 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 11 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 12 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 13 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 14 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 15 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 16 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 17 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 18 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 19 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 20 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 21 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 22 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 24 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 25 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass