My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 2 Oregon Coast question
- 3 Hawaii wedding
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 8 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 9 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 10 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 11 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 12 Moving to Montana
- 13 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 14 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 15 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 16 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 17 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 18 Savanah GA
- 19 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 20 Florida with a 2 year old
- 21 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 22 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 23 Colorado itinerary
- 24 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 25 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)