My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 2 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 3 Considering a move to Raleigh/Durham...most family friendly areas?
- 4 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 5 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 6 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 7 Chicago trip
- 8 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 9 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 12 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 13 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 16 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 moving to florida
- 19 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 20 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 25 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)