My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 2 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 3 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 4 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 5 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 6 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 7 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 8 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 9 New Orleans to NYC RoadTrip
- 10 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 11 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 12 Cross-Country trip advice
- 13 Sunday brunch Kauai this weekend!
- 14 California Coast
- 15 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 16 University of Florida Public Campus Parking
- 17 Restaurants, Penn Quarter, Washington, DC
- 18 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 19 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 20 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 21 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 22 Finding Steve Perry
- 23 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 24 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 25 Washington DC
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)