My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 2 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 3 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 4 best health clubs with lap pools
- 5 Retiring to Tucson
- 6 Big Sure in June
- 7 universal studios and disney
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 10 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 11 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 12 Arches Devils Garden
- 13 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 14 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 15 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 16 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 17 Savannah hotel
- 18 Utah National Parks visit
- 19 marriot cypress harbour
- 20 Hotel in Reno
- 21 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 22 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 23 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 24 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 25 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)