My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 4 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 5 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 8 Breckenridge in October
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Richmond highlights?
- 11 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 12 Washington DC in Spring?
- 13 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 16 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 17 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 18 Must Eats
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 21 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 22 Florida St George's Island
- 23 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 24 Union Square area restaurant
- 25 4 week family trip ideas