My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)
- 1 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 5 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 6 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 9 Boston and surrounding area
- 10 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 11 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 12 Newport, RI Questions
- 13 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 14 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 16 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 17 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 18 Using public transit in San Diego
- 19 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 20 Seward to Anchorage
- 21 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 22 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 23 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 24 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 25 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest