My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Romantic destination in the US
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 4 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Moving out of states from Florida
- 7 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 8 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 9 family road trip
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston