My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to northern California
- 2 Safety Concerns
- 3 help from a true New Yorker.
- 4 Washington DC with kids
- 5 Alaska -public transport
- 6 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 7 Alaska independent tour for group
- 8 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 9 Hamilton Broadway
- 10 Google sniper 3.0 review
- 11 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 14 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 15 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 16 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 17 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 First Trip to Texas -
- 20 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 21 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 22 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 23 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 24 Sedona for a Month
- 25 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)