My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Summer in Michigan
- 2 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 3 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 4 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 5 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 6 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 7 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 8 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 9 Rafting the Colorado
- 10 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 11 Hawaii Help
- 12 Glacier National Park
- 13 5 nights stay RMNP
- 14 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 15 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 16 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 17 Any Sanibel experts?
- 18 Traveling in winter
- 19 a short trip to san francisco
- 20 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 21 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 22 South east road trip
- 23 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 24 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 25 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)