My husband and I spent a whole day yesterday in Ipswich and Gloucester; and last month, we were in Salem for an entire day. I understand these aren't top tourist destinations, but since there are very few (or perhaps none) trip reports about these places, I figured I will share my 2 day trips with you, along with a couple of photos.
I am combining these 2 in the same thread, since they are all along the N Shore of MA. In case you're not familiar with this area, it is about 30 odd miles NE of Boston. In planning my trips, I used my Fodors Boston 2009 guidebook, asked some questions here on US Forum, checked out a couple of brochures from the North of Boston Convention and Visitor Bureau. Here is the website: http://www.northofboston.org/
I will start with our trip yesterday to Ipswich and Gloucester.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 2 Anaheim - no car
- 3 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 4 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 5 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 6 New York best app
- 7 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 8 Hawaii - where?
- 9 Pacific Northwest
- 10 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 11 Shenandoah National park
- 12 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 13 Florida Nature Trip
- 14 Rental Car Orlando
- 15 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 16 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 17 San Francisco to San Diego
- 18 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 19 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 20 24 days out west
- 21 New Orleans Streetcars
- 22 Things to do in NYC
- 23 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!
- 24 Universal Express℠ Pass Worth it?
- 25 Sandford Airport
2 Day Trip Reports in 1: yk visits N Shore of MA (Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem)