We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture and hopefully meet lots of new people...
ABOUT THE TRIP...
Myself and a friend are flying out to Chicago on Mon 22nd July and fly home to England from Las Vegas on Mon 26th August. We plan on spending 14 days in the mid-west before flying out to Boston (flight yet to be booked) where we will spend time with family in New Hampshire for 4 days and then go Boston itself for 3 days on our own. We will then fly out to San Francisco where we will spend 14 days in Califormia (finishing in LV).
In the mid-west possible destinations (other than Chicago) are: Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Kansas City, San Jose, Indiannapolis, Cedar Rapids, Cincinnati, Columbus.
For California we are hoping to do as much if the coast (and LA) as we can.
WE NEED HELP...
We have yet to decide how we will get about. I know greyhound buses are cheap and go to most major cities but will it be feasible to get a car for a week in the mid-west maybe? In people's experience what is the best way of getting around? Obviously you don't need a car once your in the city, but a car means you can go anywhere you want!
Although we have a rough idea of places we still have no specific plan of where we will go n the mid-west and Cali
Places To Stay:
Does anyone know of any cheap hostels/motels in destinations you feel we may be interested in going in the mid-west/ Cali?
We are open to any suggestions:
E.g if you feel we should only spend 7 days in Chicago/Milwaukee then fly out to the East Coast for a week instead.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 2 Denver to Yellowstone
- 3 What to do in Asheville
- 4 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 5 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 6 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?
- 7 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 8 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 9 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 10 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 11 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 12 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 13 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 14 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 15 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 16 My Unexpected Stay at Embassy Suites at Philadelphia Airport
- 17 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 18 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 19 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 22 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 23 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 24 Boston Ideas
- 25 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii