We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture and hopefully meet lots of new people...
ABOUT THE TRIP...
Myself and a friend are flying out to Chicago on Mon 22nd July and fly home to England from Las Vegas on Mon 26th August. We plan on spending 14 days in the mid-west before flying out to Boston (flight yet to be booked) where we will spend time with family in New Hampshire for 4 days and then go Boston itself for 3 days on our own. We will then fly out to San Francisco where we will spend 14 days in Califormia (finishing in LV).
In the mid-west possible destinations (other than Chicago) are: Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Kansas City, San Jose, Indiannapolis, Cedar Rapids, Cincinnati, Columbus.
For California we are hoping to do as much if the coast (and LA) as we can.
WE NEED HELP...
We have yet to decide how we will get about. I know greyhound buses are cheap and go to most major cities but will it be feasible to get a car for a week in the mid-west maybe? In people's experience what is the best way of getting around? Obviously you don't need a car once your in the city, but a car means you can go anywhere you want!
Although we have a rough idea of places we still have no specific plan of where we will go n the mid-west and Cali
Places To Stay:
Does anyone know of any cheap hostels/motels in destinations you feel we may be interested in going in the mid-west/ Cali?
We are open to any suggestions:
E.g if you feel we should only spend 7 days in Chicago/Milwaukee then fly out to the East Coast for a week instead.
Many thanks in advance for your help
2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 3 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 10 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 17 WISCONSIN
- 18 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 19 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 23 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown