We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture and hopefully meet lots of new people...
ABOUT THE TRIP...
Myself and a friend are flying out to Chicago on Mon 22nd July and fly home to England from Las Vegas on Mon 26th August. We plan on spending 14 days in the mid-west before flying out to Boston (flight yet to be booked) where we will spend time with family in New Hampshire for 4 days and then go Boston itself for 3 days on our own. We will then fly out to San Francisco where we will spend 14 days in Califormia (finishing in LV).
In the mid-west possible destinations (other than Chicago) are: Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Kansas City, San Jose, Indiannapolis, Cedar Rapids, Cincinnati, Columbus.
For California we are hoping to do as much if the coast (and LA) as we can.
WE NEED HELP...
We have yet to decide how we will get about. I know greyhound buses are cheap and go to most major cities but will it be feasible to get a car for a week in the mid-west maybe? In people's experience what is the best way of getting around? Obviously you don't need a car once your in the city, but a car means you can go anywhere you want!
Although we have a rough idea of places we still have no specific plan of where we will go n the mid-west and Cali
Places To Stay:
Does anyone know of any cheap hostels/motels in destinations you feel we may be interested in going in the mid-west/ Cali?
We are open to any suggestions:
E.g if you feel we should only spend 7 days in Chicago/Milwaukee then fly out to the East Coast for a week instead.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida beach vacation
- 2 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 3 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 4 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 5 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 6 I95
- 7 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 8 Rafting the Colorado
- 9 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 10 Wine Country
- 11 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 12 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 13 Uber boston
- 14 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 15 Florida vacation
- 16 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 17 Trip to USA in July
- 18 a short trip to san francisco
- 19 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 20 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 21 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 22 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 23 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 24 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 25 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary