My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
View all United States activity »
- 1 California Tour Groups?
- 2 Hotel near Public Theater
- 3 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 4 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 5 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 6 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 7 Warm and don't Drive
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 10 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 13 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 14 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 17 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 18 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 24 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 25 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014