My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 2 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 3 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 4 Tucson area flooding
- 5 Looking for Next Destination
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 7 first time in AZ
- 8 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 9 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 10 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 11 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 12 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 13 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 16 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 17 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 18 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 19 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 20 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 21 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 22 St. Simon, Georgia
- 23 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 24 Moving to New Jersey
- 25 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?