My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana- what are must see places?
- 2 Sea world San Diego
- 3 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 6 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 7 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 8 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 9 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 10 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 11 Maui - Haleakala
- 12 Small group dining in Napa area
- 13 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 14 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 15 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 16 Utah restaurants
- 17 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 18 Kauai Garden tours
- 19 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 20 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 21 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 22 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 23 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 24 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 25 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)