My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York Yankee Station
- 2 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 3 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 4 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 7 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 8 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 9 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 12 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 13 Roads into Estes Park
- 14 Whale watching
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 17 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 18 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 19 Houston in September
- 20 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 21 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 22 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 23 Road Trip
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit