My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 2 Colorado Skiing
- 3 American Honeymoon in March
- 4 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 11 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 12 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 13 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 14 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 15 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 16 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 17 From Seattle airport to the city
- 18 Middle America in October
- 19 New York City Christmas Trip
- 20 visit to HIghLine
- 21 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 22 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 23 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 Martha's Vineyard Sailing