My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 4 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 11 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 12 Calgary to Banff
- 13 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 culpepper
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 23 An RV trip along the coast
- 24 NYC 1St Time
- 25 NEW YORK CITY!!!