My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How can I reduce my weight?
- 2 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 3 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 4 A few questions about going to Yellowstone
- 5 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 6 What's a good one-day tour from LasVegas to Bryce Canyon?
- 7 Central Coast-California
- 8 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 9 Alaska restaurant prices
- 10 Shenandoah National Park
- 11 Fairmont or Paia Inn
- 12 Dallas - Fort Worth Airport Hotels
- 13 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 14 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 17 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 18 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 19 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 20 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 21 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 22 Itinerary Help - options.
- 23 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 24 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 25 Daytona Beach and ??