My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Weekend in NYC
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 8 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Washington DC in Spring?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 New York, New York...
- 16 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 17 trains in Europe
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 23 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals