My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 2 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 3 Northwest USA
- 4 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 5 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 6 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 7 Moving to CT
- 8 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 9 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 10 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 11 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 12 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 13 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Hotels Philly
- 20 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 21 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 22 Green Flea in NYC
- 23 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 24 Orlando in March
- 25 New England September