My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
View all United States activity »
- 1 St. Augustine, Florida
- 2 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 5 Fripp island
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 8 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 9 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 10 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 11 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 12 Where should I move to?
- 13 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 14 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 17 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 18 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Oahu Information