My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 2 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 3 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 4 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 5 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 6 can you help me plan a trip?
- 7 Seattle - newby questions
- 8 How to Get Gift Through Subscripton Box?
- 9 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 10 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 11 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 12 Restaurants Chicago June
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 15 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 16 tip for valet parking
- 17 New Orleans
- 18 California: Getty museum
- 19 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 20 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 21 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 22 NYC hotel/July
- 23 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 24 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 25 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?