My husband and I are planning a first time trip to Michigan in September. We definitely will go to Henry Ford museum area and then will head toward Muskegon on up the coast. If you had to pick one town/city in which to overnight between Muskegon and Traverse City, where would you stay? And, the criteria we would prefer: lodging under a $100, a decent size tourist area to walk around, and also a scenic one? For the same reasons, a good place to stay in the Traverse City area? i.e. TC is fine or any town close by. Of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, which is preferable? We plan to include Lake Superior region also. Which side of the Soo Locks is better for an overnite - U.S. or Canada? And also, where to stay near Pictured Rocks. Any input greatly appreciated!
1st Time Travelers to Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Alabama trip report
- 2 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 3 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 4 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 5 Atlanta to LA
- 6 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 7 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 8 New York City-New Things?
- 9 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 10 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 13 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 16 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 17 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 18 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 19 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 20 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 21 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 22 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 23 new york subway help please
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco