I'll be visiting the States from August 26th to September 11th and tentatively the plan is to be in California from the 26th to the 31st, fly to Pennsylvania on the night of the 31st and spend the 1st through 5th there, then bus to New York for the rest of the trip. The only confirmed details are my arrival (August 26th, noon) and departure (September 11th, evening) timings.
This trip, among visiting my sis (in San Francisco) and my friend (in New York City), is to check out a few colleges and experience backpacking - also a much needed break! I enjoy museums and artsy stuff but the main point is to immerse myself in the American culture and meet interesting people so I'd like to keep my schedule flexible and not cram too many things into my itinerary.
I will be staying in hostels (tentatively, USA Hostels San Francisco in CA; Apple Hostels of Philadelphia in PA; and Hosteling International New York in NY - please advice on this too), I'm traveling on budget but spending, if necessary, is fine! The only places I cannot remove from my itinerary are the colleges, and everything else is flexible.
Currently my plan is as such; please help by offering your suggestions and advice!
San Francisco, California
- Alcatraz Prison
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Stanford University
- Philadelphia's Magic Gardens
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Fairmount Park
- University of Pennsylvania
New York, New York
- Columbia University
- New York Public Library
- Central Park/ Washington Square Park
- Metropolitan Museum of Art/ Museum of Modern Art
- 911 Memorial (perfect timing!)
I can walk long distances and am pretty much open to anything! Also, visiting neighborhoods and seeing people doing real things would be cool. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 2 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 3 Venice, CA area
- 4 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 5 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 6 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 7 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 8 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 9 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 10 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 11 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 12 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 13 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 14 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 15 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 16 Rhode Island Get Away
- 17 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 18 Vancouver to Washington State
- 19 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 Glacier National Park 2018
- 22 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 23 Adirondacks trip repot
- 24 New England Tour
- 25 Carmel CA lodging