1. Map it out.
2. You won’t get it “right” the first time.
3. Watch out for hidden rental car costs.
4. Triple check the car rental mileage allotment.
5. Gas counts towards your budget.
6. Car insurance counts towards your budget too.
7. Check the car rental’s operating hours.
8. Pick up/drop off at the same location will save you hundreds.
9. There is always a discount code to use.
10. Always upgrade to get a trunk!
11. Download your favorite audio book.
12. Don’t forget a cell phone charger!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 2 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 3 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 4 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 5 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 6 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 7 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Venice, CA area
- 10 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 11 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 12 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 13 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 14 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 15 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 16 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 17 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 18 Rhode Island Get Away
- 19 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 20 Vancouver to Washington State
- 21 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 22 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 23 Glacier National Park 2018
- 24 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 25 Adirondacks trip repot
12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
1. Map it out.