We will be travelling to Oregon (for the first time) on August 24th - September 4th and need suggestions/help with our itinerary. We love outdoors and on this trip would like to enjoy nature, wineries, food and charming towns. We are on the budget, thus, need to stay in motels and possibly combination of camping?
Here is what we have so far. We need help with suggestions how much time to spend in each place, towns and places to stay overnight and best roads to take to the next destination in order to maximize our experiences in this beatiful state.
Day 1- Arrival to Portland PM
Day 2 - Porltand
Day 3 - Bend, where we are attending a wedding
Day 4 - Bend: white water rafting
Day 5 - Crater Lake: where to stay overnight?
Day 6 - driving to Eugine to explore the wineries of Willamette Valley.
Day 7 - Coast: Cape Perpetua via Florence? where to stay overnight?
Day 8 - Coast: Oswald West State Park, Manzanita. where to stay overnight?
Day 9 - Coast: Cannon beach, Ecola state park. where to stay overnight?
Day 10 - Columbia River Gorge. Overnight in Hood River
Day 11 – Mt. Hood area. More hiking
Day 12- Flying out of Portland at 10 PM
We are contemplating whether we should drive to Ashland after Crater Lake or to Eugine to explore wineries. What would you suggest?
And then from the wine country, what would be the best itinerary for the 3 days on the coast? We would like to capture the best of Oregon coast, maybe some hiking to see the dramatic views and staying in smaller fisherman towns, as suppose to touristy places such as Yachats and Cannon? If so, which ones? Also, after Cannon Beach, should we drive to Columbia River Gorge via farmland of the Willamette Valley?
Thank you very much for all the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 4 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 5 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 6 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 7 California Trip
- 8 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 9 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 10 New Orleans
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 13 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 18 Weather in Chicago
- 19 Road trip around Washington DC
- 20 Utah trip Itinerary
- 21 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 22 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 23 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Help me with this