We will be travelling to Oregon (for the first time) on August 24th - September 4th and need suggestions/help with our itinerary. We love outdoors and on this trip would like to enjoy nature, wineries, food and charming towns. We are on the budget, thus, need to stay in motels and possibly combination of camping?
Here is what we have so far. We need help with suggestions how much time to spend in each place, towns and places to stay overnight and best roads to take to the next destination in order to maximize our experiences in this beatiful state.
Day 1- Arrival to Portland PM
Day 2 - Porltand
Day 3 - Bend, where we are attending a wedding
Day 4 - Bend: white water rafting
Day 5 - Crater Lake: where to stay overnight?
Day 6 - driving to Eugine to explore the wineries of Willamette Valley.
Day 7 - Coast: Cape Perpetua via Florence? where to stay overnight?
Day 8 - Coast: Oswald West State Park, Manzanita. where to stay overnight?
Day 9 - Coast: Cannon beach, Ecola state park. where to stay overnight?
Day 10 - Columbia River Gorge. Overnight in Hood River
Day 11 – Mt. Hood area. More hiking
Day 12- Flying out of Portland at 10 PM
We are contemplating whether we should drive to Ashland after Crater Lake or to Eugine to explore wineries. What would you suggest?
And then from the wine country, what would be the best itinerary for the 3 days on the coast? We would like to capture the best of Oregon coast, maybe some hiking to see the dramatic views and staying in smaller fisherman towns, as suppose to touristy places such as Yachats and Cannon? If so, which ones? Also, after Cannon Beach, should we drive to Columbia River Gorge via farmland of the Willamette Valley?
Thank you very much for all the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 2 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 3 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 4 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 5 Sedona to Vegas
- 6 Traveling with an infant
- 7 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 8 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 9 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 10 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.
- 11 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 12 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 13 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 14 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 15 Yosemite Hike
- 16 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 17 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 18 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 19 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 20 Across country drive
- 21 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 22 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 23 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 24 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 25 3rd Attempt - Road Trip Utah June 2016