We will be travelling to Oregon (for the first time) on August 24th - September 4th and need suggestions/help with our itinerary. We love outdoors and on this trip would like to enjoy nature, wineries, food and charming towns. We are on the budget, thus, need to stay in motels and possibly combination of camping?
Here is what we have so far. We need help with suggestions how much time to spend in each place, towns and places to stay overnight and best roads to take to the next destination in order to maximize our experiences in this beatiful state.
Day 1- Arrival to Portland PM
Day 2 - Porltand
Day 3 - Bend, where we are attending a wedding
Day 4 - Bend: white water rafting
Day 5 - Crater Lake: where to stay overnight?
Day 6 - driving to Eugine to explore the wineries of Willamette Valley.
Day 7 - Coast: Cape Perpetua via Florence? where to stay overnight?
Day 8 - Coast: Oswald West State Park, Manzanita. where to stay overnight?
Day 9 - Coast: Cannon beach, Ecola state park. where to stay overnight?
Day 10 - Columbia River Gorge. Overnight in Hood River
Day 11 – Mt. Hood area. More hiking
Day 12- Flying out of Portland at 10 PM
We are contemplating whether we should drive to Ashland after Crater Lake or to Eugine to explore wineries. What would you suggest?
And then from the wine country, what would be the best itinerary for the 3 days on the coast? We would like to capture the best of Oregon coast, maybe some hiking to see the dramatic views and staying in smaller fisherman towns, as suppose to touristy places such as Yachats and Cannon? If so, which ones? Also, after Cannon Beach, should we drive to Columbia River Gorge via farmland of the Willamette Valley?
Thank you very much for all the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 IAH to HOU Questions
- 2 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 3 Great OR beach house locations?
- 4 Ideas for New York
- 5 San Francisco transit options
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 8 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 9 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 10 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 11 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 12 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 13 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 14 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 15 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 16 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 17 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 18 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 19 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 20 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 21 No Spam this morning!!
- 22 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 23 Honeymoon on PCH
- 24 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 25 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"