We will be travelling to Oregon (for the first time) on August 24th - September 4th and need suggestions/help with our itinerary. We love outdoors and on this trip would like to enjoy nature, wineries, food and charming towns. We are on the budget, thus, need to stay in motels and possibly combination of camping?
Here is what we have so far. We need help with suggestions how much time to spend in each place, towns and places to stay overnight and best roads to take to the next destination in order to maximize our experiences in this beatiful state.
Day 1- Arrival to Portland PM
Day 2 - Porltand
Day 3 - Bend, where we are attending a wedding
Day 4 - Bend: white water rafting
Day 5 - Crater Lake: where to stay overnight?
Day 6 - driving to Eugine to explore the wineries of Willamette Valley.
Day 7 - Coast: Cape Perpetua via Florence? where to stay overnight?
Day 8 - Coast: Oswald West State Park, Manzanita. where to stay overnight?
Day 9 - Coast: Cannon beach, Ecola state park. where to stay overnight?
Day 10 - Columbia River Gorge. Overnight in Hood River
Day 11 – Mt. Hood area. More hiking
Day 12- Flying out of Portland at 10 PM
We are contemplating whether we should drive to Ashland after Crater Lake or to Eugine to explore wineries. What would you suggest?
And then from the wine country, what would be the best itinerary for the 3 days on the coast? We would like to capture the best of Oregon coast, maybe some hiking to see the dramatic views and staying in smaller fisherman towns, as suppose to touristy places such as Yachats and Cannon? If so, which ones? Also, after Cannon Beach, should we drive to Columbia River Gorge via farmland of the Willamette Valley?
Thank you very much for all the suggestions in advance!
11-days in Oregon: Itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 4 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 7 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 8 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 9 united and carry-ons
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 13 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 14 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 15 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 16 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York