My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Dining in Manhattan
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 American Honeymoon in March
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 17 St Patrick's renovations
- 18 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 From Seattle airport to the city
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015