My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
- 1 Microsoft readies new Xbox as entertainment hub
- 2 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 Boston and surrounding area
- 5 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 8 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 9 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 10 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 11 Middlebury vt quickie
- 12 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 13 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 14 Savannah restaurants
- 15 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 16 American Airlines reservation question
- 17 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 18 Car trip from Seattle
- 19 Alaska Camping/Backpacking
- 20 Newport, RI Questions
- 21 Arizona - Sedona, Grand Canyon, MV and Canyon DeChelley
- 22 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 23 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!