My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
- 1 A Visit to Charleston
- 2 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 3 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 4 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 5 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 8 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 9 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 10 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 11 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 12 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 13 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 14 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 15 D.C. in a day
- 16 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 17 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 18 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 19 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 20 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 21 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 22 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 23 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Using public transit in San Diego
- 25 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!