My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 2 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 3 Texas for art and history lovers
- 4 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 8 NOLA Bachelorette Party in August?
- 9 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 10 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 11 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 12 Vegas in mid may
- 13 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 14 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 15 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 16 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 17 Which FL town is best?
- 18 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 19 Disney World resort vacation at the Carribean Beach
- 20 Texas
- 21 planning a trip to US
- 22 10 day trip
- 23 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 24 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 25 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!