My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 2 Key Largo, FL
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 7 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 West Coast Bound End of March
- 11 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 12 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 15 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 16 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 20 Locker at JFK
- 21 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 Philadelphia
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 San Diego