My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 2 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 3 Colorado aspen updates
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Yosemite Lodging
- 6 Tucson area flooding
- 7 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 8 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 9 What's new on Maui?
- 10 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Oregon Road Trip
- 13 Broadway choices
- 14 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 15 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 16 Moving to New Jersey
- 17 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 18 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 19 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 20 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 21 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 22 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 23 Getaway
- 24 Refining my California Itinerary
- 25 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining