My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 2 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 3 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 4 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 5 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 6 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 7 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 8 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 9 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 10 Salt Lake City
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 13 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 14 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 15 Disneyland for a Day, One park or park hopper?
- 16 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 17 Savannah GA
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Beach holiday with baby
- 20 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 21 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 22 Seattle hotels
- 23 Things to do around New York
- 24 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 25 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?