My wife and I are planning a trip for late September/early October, flying in and out of Albuquerque. Flying home the day before the balloon festival starts. First time for leisure travel in New Mexico. We enjoy galleries, hiking, biking, good food, history. We want this to be relaxing so original plan was to visit Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos plus day trips (e.g. Acoma, Los Alamos). However looking at the map and reading the forum postings I am tempted to venture further afield, perhaps Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly. So I could use some thoughts on pros and cons of visiting fewer vs. more places, and if more is recommended what should it be?
11 days in New Mexico, how many places?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 2 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 3 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 4 Rental Services
- 5 Safety in New Orleans
- 6 Montana- what are must see places?
- 7 Road to Hana
- 8 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 9 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 10 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 11 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 12 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 15 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 16 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 17 Hawaii is still Hell
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 20 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 21 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 22 Orlando parks advice
- 23 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 24 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 25 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices