My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 7 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 8 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 9 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 10 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 11 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Boston/Fenway park
- 14 California self drive trip
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 19 10 day trip to California
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 22 Drive along the Columbia River
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 25 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)