My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 2 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 3 Getting to Key West
- 4 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 5 New Orleans Motel Question
- 6 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 7 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 8 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 9 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 10 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 11 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 12 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 13 Happy Hour
- 14 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 15 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 16 road trip Houston-NJ
- 17 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 18 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 19 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 20 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 25 The Sagamore - Winter Activities