My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 3 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 4 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 5 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 Vero Beach FL
- 21 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn