My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 2 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 4 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 5 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Two airports to choose from?
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 10 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 11 San Francisco - mid October
- 12 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 13 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 14 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 15 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 16 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 17 best area to stay in san diego
- 18 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 layover
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 23 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?