My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Backpacking in April
- 4 San Francisco this sunday - photo ops, places to go by car?
- 5 Denver Itinerary - 3 nights, 4 days
- 6 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 7 One day in Key West,should I take the plane to Dry Tortugas?
- 8 carousel bar nola
- 9 Philadelphia Mommy-Daughter (4-year old) Trip
- 10 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 11 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 12 After New Orleans, now where? ideas for 4 days to spare after N.O.?
- 13 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Vegas-Show Recommendations
- 16 A month i USA - where to go and for how long?
- 17 Big Sur?
- 18 NYC Theatre Seating Opinions: Waiting for Godot
- 19 Public Transportation in Chicago with kids?
- 20 NYC play advice needed
- 21 Restaurant Week 2/17-3/7 in NYC
- 22 San Diego parks and attractions
- 23 Whale watching in July
- 24 Driving time from Santa Cruz to San Simeon
- 25 East Coast messy driving Sunday and Monday March 16 and 17