My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
- 1 Updates from Hanalei
- 2 Columbus food !
- 3 Hotels in New Orleans
- 4 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 5 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 6 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 7 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 8 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 9 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 10 Logan Express
- 11 One day in NYC
- 12 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 13 Great Beach's
- 14 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 15 National Parks?
- 16 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 17 Death Valley in November
- 18 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 19 Blue ridge parkway
- 20 Minnesota State Fair
- 21 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 24 Fires in Colorado
- 25 Seattle in July