My husband and I live just south of Denver but spent the weekend downtown for our 10th anniversary. We had a great time and wanted to give some recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Monaco, and it was our first time staying there. Great hotel and perfectly located for the Performing Arts center. You can request a goldfish (very pet friendly hotel) for the room (lots of fun)! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary, which was very nice. Great staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms. There is a complimentary wine and appetizer hour from 5-6 in the lobby as well. We saw Wicked at the Buell Theater, which was wonderful. Very long, almost 3 hours, but the singing and performances were outstanding. We also had dinner at Tamayo on Larimer, which we've been to before. Fantastic meal as always. I had the Carne Asada and my husband had the pork special, and we had the banana empanadas for dessert. Yum! Presentation and food is wonderful, although the service was a bit standoffish that night. On Sunday we went and saw some of the historic homes tour, which included touring the Governor's Mansion. It was a wonderful weekend!
10th Anniversary in Denver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 2 Vegas hotels for families
- 3 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 4 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 5 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 6 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 7 Transportation help in Philly
- 8 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 9 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 10 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 11 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 12 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 13 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 14 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 15 Hilton Midtown New York
- 16 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 17 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 18 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 21 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 22 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 23 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour