We want to visit Maine in late September/ early October for about 10 days. This is our first trip to Maine. We will fly into Portland and we want to take a road trip up the coast. We want to definitely see Bar Harbor and Acadia....but we are looking for suggestions on other places to see. There are soooo many possibilities. Would we have to make hotel reservations (other than Bar Harbor) or could we find hotels in most of the small towns in late September? We are 55 and we like to walk and ride bikes. We want to enjoy the small towns & villages and find fun pubs/ restaurants.
10 Days in Maine
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 2 Boston (Logan Airport) to Salem using public transportation.
- 3 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 4 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 5 bachelors degree
- 6 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 7 Florida Vacation
- 8 Can Anyone Suggest which is the Best Holiday Destination with Family.?
- 9 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 12 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 13 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 14 Getting to Key West
- 15 New Orleans Motel Question
- 16 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 17 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 18 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 19 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 20 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 21 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park