I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 2 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 5 Where to stay in Boston and how to get to Stowe
- 6 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 10 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 11 Sea world San Diego
- 12 Seattle in April
- 13 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 14 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 15 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 16 Maui - Haleakala
- 17 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 18 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 19 California San Diego area lodging
- 20 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 21 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 22 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 23 Kauai Garden tours
- 24 Utah 2
- 25 Las Vegas in March