I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 2 Colorado aspen updates
- 3 4 week family trip ideas
- 4 Yosemite Lodging
- 5 Tucson area flooding
- 6 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 7 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 8 What's new on Maui?
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Oregon Road Trip
- 12 Broadway choices
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 14 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 15 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 16 Moving to New Jersey
- 17 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 18 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 19 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 20 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 21 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 22 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 23 Getaway
- 24 Refining my California Itinerary
- 25 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining