I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Alaska
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 16 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 24 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings