I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 2 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 3 US Southwest
- 4 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 5 Limousine Service
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 8 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 9 Saga Dawa Festival on 01 June 2015
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 11 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 12 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 13 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 14 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 15 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 16 Seattle Visit April
- 17 Grand Teton in October
- 18 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 19 Morning in miami
- 20 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 21 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 22 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 23 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 24 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 25 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help