I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod
- 2 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 3 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 4 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 5 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 6 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 7 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 8 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 9 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 10 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 11 San Diego with Kids
- 12 Getting around the Big Island
- 13 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 14 best of yellowstone
- 15 San Francisco - mid October
- 16 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 17 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 18 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 19 New York Yankee Station
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 22 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 23 Vegas hotels for families
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?