I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 2 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 3 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 4 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 5 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 6 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 7 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 8 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 9 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 10 Salt Lake City
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 13 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 14 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 15 Disneyland for a Day, One park or park hopper?
- 16 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 17 Savannah GA
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Beach holiday with baby
- 20 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 21 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 22 Seattle hotels
- 23 Things to do around New York
- 24 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 25 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?