I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA trip
- 2 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 3 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 4 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 5 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 6 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 9 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 10 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 11 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 12 Getaway
- 13 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 14 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 15 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 16 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 17 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 18 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 19 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 20 Boston hotel & transportation
- 21 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 22 NBA tickets??
- 23 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 24 Air Connections on Maui
- 25 hilton capital