I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 2 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 3 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 4 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 9 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 12 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 13 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 14 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 18 ONP help
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 21 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 22 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 23 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city