I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 2 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 3 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 4 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 5 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 6 Santa Barbara, California
- 7 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 8 Fancy dining
- 9 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 12 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 13 Philly
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 16 Hotel near Miami airport
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 19 Road Trip SW
- 20 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 21 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 22 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 23 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 24 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 25 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!