I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Road Trip
- 2 Getaway
- 3 Refining my California Itinerary
- 4 What's new on Maui?
- 5 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 6 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 7 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Colorado aspen updates
- 11 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 12 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 13 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 14 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 15 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 16 Christmas in TX
- 17 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 18 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 19 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 20 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 21 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 22 Tucson area flooding
- 23 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 24 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 25 Moving to New Jersey