I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska Trip Planning
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 4 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 5 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 6 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 7 family road trip
- 8 Kid School Admission
- 9 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 10 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 11 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 12 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 13 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 14 New York City-New Things?
- 15 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 16 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 17 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 18 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 19 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 20 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 21 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 22 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 23 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 24 NYC hotel/July
- 25 Boston to see Sargent works