I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 4 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 11 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 12 Calgary to Banff
- 13 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 culpepper
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 23 An RV trip along the coast
- 24 NYC 1St Time
- 25 NEW YORK CITY!!!