I am planning a trip out west for our family of 5 plus my parents and possibly my in-laws...so a total of 9. We are planning on traveling the first 2 weeks of July, 2014. We feel like this will be the only time we get out west and want to "see it all"! On our list of places to visit is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. I have 3 teen girls and at some point I want to take them to LA for a few days. It would either be at the beginning or end of our trip. We are thinking of traveling in a rented motorhome. Cruise America has one way rentals that we are looking into. Am I crazy to think that we can cover that much land in 10-14 days? What other sights are a must see? Flights into South Dakota are expensive, so I'm thinking we will have to start our trip in LA. Thoughts? Suggestions?
10-14 day trip out west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Alaska
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 10 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 19 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 20 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 24 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 25 Laguna Beach, what to do