I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 2 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 3 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 4 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 5 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 6 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 7 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 8 Desert Southwest
- 9 Napa valley getaway
- 10 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 11 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 12 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 13 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 14 Boston waterfront Italian
- 15 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Zion and Bryce in July
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis