I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
1 Week in Maine | Late Sept. | No itinerary planned yet
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 3 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 6 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 7 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 8 Backpacking in April
- 9 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 replica designer handbags
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Cape Cod in early April
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 17 united and carry-ons
- 18 Portland Maine Hotels
- 19 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 20 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!