I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 2 Your favourite places in New York City
- 3 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 4 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 5 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 6 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 7 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 8 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 9 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Napa Valley Hotel
- 12 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 13 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 14 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 15 1st trip to Colorado
- 16 Cruise to Alaska -- how important is Glacier Bay?
- 17 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 18 Orlando - condoleances
- 19 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 20 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 21 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 22 road trip during husbands bday
- 23 Trip Starting from New York
- 24 A day in Boston
- 25 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine