I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 2 Atlanta With Toddler
- 3 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 4 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 5 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 6 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 7 NYC For The Day
- 8 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 9 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 10 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 11 9-10 day trip to WA
- 12 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 13 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 14 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 15 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 16 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 17 Turo?
- 18 USA family tour
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 21 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 22 Kauai planning help
- 23 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 24 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 25 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness