I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 2 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 3 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 4 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 5 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 6 Bed and Breakfast
- 7 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 8 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 9 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 10 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 11 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 12 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 13 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 14 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 15 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 16 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 17 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 18 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 19 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 20 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 21 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 22 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 23 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 24 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 25 OHare car service north suburbs