I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 @USA+1~844~292~4796 walmart online order phone number
- 2 low elevation to Yellowstone
- 3 Sequoias between Death Valley and San Diego
- 4 How to do 3 days around North Cascades National Park?
- 5 Denver to moab
- 6 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 7 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 8 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 9 San Fracisco to Seattle road trip
- 10 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 11 Utah National Parks Itinerary
- 12 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 13 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 14 Rules of the NY Subway
- 15 vermont lake
- 16 Where to stay at Grand Wailea & Grand Hyatt
- 17 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 18 Seward without a car
- 19 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 20 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 21 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 22 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 23 flagstaff
- 24 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 25 sugestions