I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.mysupplementsera.com/muscle-force-fx/
- 2 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 3 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 4 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 5 Lice Happens
- 6 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 7 Arches Devils Garden
- 8 universal studios and disney
- 9 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 10 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 11 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 12 Big Sure in June
- 13 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 14 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 15 Savannah hotel
- 16 Utah National Parks visit
- 17 marriot cypress harbour
- 18 Hotel in Reno
- 19 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 20 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 21 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 22 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 23 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 24 Retiring to Tucson
- 25 Trinity Site, NM