I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
1 Week in Maine | Late Sept. | No itinerary planned yet
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 3 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 4 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 5 Oahu Information
- 6 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 7 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 8 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 9 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 10 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 11 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 12 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 One day in Washington DC
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 17 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 18 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 19 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 20 RIP Judy Rogers
- 21 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 22 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 23 Boston area
- 24 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 25 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.