I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 2 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 3 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 4 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 5 Southern Road Trip
- 6 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 7 Hilton Head
- 8 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 9 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 10 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 11 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 12 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 13 DC - WW2 flyover
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 16 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 17 Grand Marais?
- 18 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 19 First time visit to California
- 20 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 21 New England and Eastern Canada
- 22 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 23 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 24 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.