I'd like to ask advice about vacationing in Maine during the end of September . My husband ( age 30) and I (28) are looking to take a relaxing week-long trip for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We would like to view wildlife in their natural habitats, not visit during peak tourist season, and eat exceptionally well during our visit. In food terms, we're not picky and will try regional or exotic fare equally. We're fans of wineries, locally made food, and wouldn't mind trying a vacation rental home instead of a hotel if you have suggestions.
I don't have a particular part of the state we are most interested in, although I would like to be by the ocean for at least part of the trip. We're not interested in sports, but light hiking and possibly canoeing would be fine. This trip is mostly about relaxing and enjoying each other's company. We're just starting out, so we'd like to keep the trip budget on the conservative side. Information about airports closest to the towns you suggest vacationing in would be much appreciated. Local restaurants, shops and national parks not to miss would helpful too. If the end of September wouldn't be optimal for your references, please let me know the time of year you like best. We can reconsider the dates for this trip. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning more about Maine.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Revives and softens the aged skin
- 2 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 4 4 days road trip southern New England
- 5 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 6 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 7 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 8 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 9 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 10 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 11 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 12 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 13 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 14 USA family tour
- 15 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 16 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 17 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 18 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 19 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 20 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 21 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 22 Costco Travel
- 23 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 24 Philly Itinerary Help
- 25 10 days in Alaska. Help please