I originally posted a question asking for recommendations in the Miami area as this is where we fly into and out of for our weeks holiday on our way back from 10 days in SF and Yosemite NP region.
However, having now researched a lot more, I think I have been looking for something that doesn't exist, so we are widening our search area to more of Florida.
Here is what we are after:
A condo/villa/apartment preferably right on a great beach that is toddler friendly (so sandy, swim friendly, preferably no strong current and doesn't shelve too quickly so our little one can play in the shallows.
Not in a really built up area.
Not in a noisy, party area.
We are really looking for a chilled out place to enjoy some sun and fun family time.
We are looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a few nice places to eat, nothing fancy required just good food And also a shop to buy essentials.
we are staying a week so don't mind driving up to about 4 hours or so from Miami if required to find somewhere that will meet our criteria.
We are also interested in visiting the Caya Costa State Park so wonder if somewhere that direction could be an option, but this is not essential.
Our budget is max $1200 for the week for the accom.
There are 3 of us but would like our daughter to have a separate room as she sleeps better that way, so min 2 bed.
Am I still looking for something that doesn't exist or can you help?!
Thanks in advance x
1 week in Florida - on a beach, toddler friendly please advise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 6 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 7 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 8 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 9 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 10 Two airports to choose from?
- 11 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 12 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 13 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 14 San Francisco - mid October
- 15 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 16 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 17 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 18 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 layover
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 23 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?