I originally posted a question asking for recommendations in the Miami area as this is where we fly into and out of for our weeks holiday on our way back from 10 days in SF and Yosemite NP region.
However, having now researched a lot more, I think I have been looking for something that doesn't exist, so we are widening our search area to more of Florida.
Here is what we are after:
A condo/villa/apartment preferably right on a great beach that is toddler friendly (so sandy, swim friendly, preferably no strong current and doesn't shelve too quickly so our little one can play in the shallows.
Not in a really built up area.
Not in a noisy, party area.
We are really looking for a chilled out place to enjoy some sun and fun family time.
We are looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a few nice places to eat, nothing fancy required just good food And also a shop to buy essentials.
we are staying a week so don't mind driving up to about 4 hours or so from Miami if required to find somewhere that will meet our criteria.
We are also interested in visiting the Caya Costa State Park so wonder if somewhere that direction could be an option, but this is not essential.
Our budget is max $1200 for the week for the accom.
There are 3 of us but would like our daughter to have a separate room as she sleeps better that way, so min 2 bed.
Am I still looking for something that doesn't exist or can you help?!
Thanks in advance x
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 2 Help with driving East to West
- 3 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 4 Texas Hill Country in Autumn
- 5 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 6 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 9 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 11 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 12 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 13 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 14 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 15 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 16 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 17 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 18 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 19 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 22 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Trail Ridge Road info please
1 week in Florida - on a beach, toddler friendly please advise!