I originally posted a question asking for recommendations in the Miami area as this is where we fly into and out of for our weeks holiday on our way back from 10 days in SF and Yosemite NP region.
However, having now researched a lot more, I think I have been looking for something that doesn't exist, so we are widening our search area to more of Florida.
Here is what we are after:
A condo/villa/apartment preferably right on a great beach that is toddler friendly (so sandy, swim friendly, preferably no strong current and doesn't shelve too quickly so our little one can play in the shallows.
Not in a really built up area.
Not in a noisy, party area.
We are really looking for a chilled out place to enjoy some sun and fun family time.
We are looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a few nice places to eat, nothing fancy required just good food And also a shop to buy essentials.
we are staying a week so don't mind driving up to about 4 hours or so from Miami if required to find somewhere that will meet our criteria.
We are also interested in visiting the Caya Costa State Park so wonder if somewhere that direction could be an option, but this is not essential.
Our budget is max $1200 for the week for the accom.
There are 3 of us but would like our daughter to have a separate room as she sleeps better that way, so min 2 bed.
Am I still looking for something that doesn't exist or can you help?!
Thanks in advance x
1 week in Florida - on a beach, toddler friendly please advise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 adams morgan - safety
- 2 Grand Marais?
- 3 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 4 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 5 US Southwest
- 6 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 7 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 8 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 9 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 11 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 12 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 13 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 14 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 15 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 16 Seattle Visit April
- 17 Grand Teton in October
- 18 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 19 Morning in miami
- 20 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 21 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 22 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 23 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 24 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 25 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help