I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip
- 2 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 3 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 4 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 5 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 6 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 7 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 8 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 9 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 10 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 11 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 12 road trip
- 13 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 14 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 15 FLL to Key West
- 16 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 17 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 18 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 19 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 20 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 21 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 22 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 23 New Itinerary
- 24 Las vegas and nearby
- 25 Cape Cod trip report