I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
## NEED HELP WITH VEHICLE ADVICE ##
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charlotte restaurant help
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 moving to florida
- 4 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 5 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 6 Alaska railroad?
- 7 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 8 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 9 culpepper
- 10 NYC Clubs for live music
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 13 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 14 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 15 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 16 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 17 Itinerary opinions
- 18 Calgary to Banff
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 21 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 22 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 23 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 24 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 25 Our perfect day in Key West