I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
## NEED HELP WITH VEHICLE ADVICE ##
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?