I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
## NEED HELP WITH VEHICLE ADVICE ##
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 7 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 8 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 9 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 10 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 13 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 14 Tipping advice
- 15 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 16 charleston during Christmas Week
- 17 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 18 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 22 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 25 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?