I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 2 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 3 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 4 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 5 California Trip
- 6 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 7 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 8 New Orleans
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 11 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 12 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 13 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 14 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 17 Weather in Chicago
- 18 Road trip around Washington DC
- 19 Utah trip Itinerary
- 20 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 21 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Help me with this