I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
## NEED HELP WITH VEHICLE ADVICE ##
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 6 Universal studios/Orlando
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 9 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 10 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 15 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 16 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 22 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 23 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 24 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed