I've just come over from Australia on a 12-month work & travel visa and I'm looking to buy a vehicle but wanted to get some insider knowledge first..
Right now I am working in Oxford, MS probably for the next month or two.. After leaving here I'd like to be able to drive around the country (no set destinations, I just want to have the freedom to drive somewhere when I feel the need).
I'm looking for something fairly versatile that can handle long drives, but also something that's not going to be a hassle to drive in urban areas.. Also preferably something that I am able to sleep in (comfortably)..
I'm thinking some sort of van is going to be my best bet, maybe a truck with a slide in camper?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can send my way!
## NEED HELP WITH VEHICLE ADVICE ##
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 Colorado in the summer!
- 5 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 11 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 14 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 15 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 5 week in US/Mexico
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 23 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC