I am back on the forum. I know now that my fiance is the one because the man has the patience of a saint. I've been "all around the world" on the net looking for destination wedding hotspots - FIji, Italy, Caribbean, Mexico, you name it, I've researched it. I have always had travel fever, so knowing that we have 15k to have small wedding/travel budget has made it that much harder for me
We have decided on Hawaii. For one, we won't have the blood work/translations/legal jargon we would go through marrying in a foreign country. Also, my fiance has step-sibilings who reside there, so his family who lives near us in Florida has a place to stay (his parents are on a tight budget, so anywhere else makes it very hard for them to attend). My brother also informed me that his girlfriend has an aunt on the Big Island, so they have a place to stay too. I guess I won't feel as guilty asking people to attend, in a nutshell.
The big question is - which island? I am torn between Big Island and Maui. Maui seems to be THE wedding hotspot and we found a coordinator/minister/photographer whom we really like. However, it seems like Big Island has so much adventure, esp. with the volcanoes and my fiance and I are big on exploring and adventure. We are hoping to snorkel, zipline, hike, kayak, fish and take some incredible photos. Any advice?
Or - perhaps we can do both? I understand that we would actually have to fly from Maui to Big Island. Not the most pleasant scenario, but worth seeing a volcano, I hope? Has anyone island hopped? WHat is your experience?
Also, hotel advice? We have looked at the Kona Resort and some bed/breakfasts. My big wish is more eco-style accomodations and possibly a place that offers gluten-free breads/dairy free. But this is not absolutely necessary - I just avoid breads and dairy and eat fruit/meat/veggies when on vacay.
~We are in our early to mid thirties
~We are wanting to do this in June (I'm a teacher, so I have to go when I have vacation and the only other time when I have two weeks off is Christmas - doesn't seem like an ideal time to marry)
~We would go for 10-14 days.
~Wedding wish - beach wedding, Hawaiian ceremony, immediate family, plus two friends only, hoping to do a luau type reception or go to a restaurant that is luau style.
Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://supplementstest.org/bella-gold-serum-review/
- 2 travelling with infant
- 3 Prague & Croatia
- 4 What to do with mail when traveling
- 5 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 6 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 7 destination help
- 8 Norway in November
- 9 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 10 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 11 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 12 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 13 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 14 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 15 Schengen visa
- 16 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 17 What do you look for in a hotel?
- 18 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 19 Daypack Recommendation
- 20 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 21 greece to germany. doable?
- 22 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 23 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 24 Road Trip, Little Rock AR to Austin TX
- 25 Which is a Better Route - I-80 or I-40