I am back on the forum. I know now that my fiance is the one because the man has the patience of a saint. I've been "all around the world" on the net looking for destination wedding hotspots - FIji, Italy, Caribbean, Mexico, you name it, I've researched it. I have always had travel fever, so knowing that we have 15k to have small wedding/travel budget has made it that much harder for me
We have decided on Hawaii. For one, we won't have the blood work/translations/legal jargon we would go through marrying in a foreign country. Also, my fiance has step-sibilings who reside there, so his family who lives near us in Florida has a place to stay (his parents are on a tight budget, so anywhere else makes it very hard for them to attend). My brother also informed me that his girlfriend has an aunt on the Big Island, so they have a place to stay too. I guess I won't feel as guilty asking people to attend, in a nutshell.
The big question is - which island? I am torn between Big Island and Maui. Maui seems to be THE wedding hotspot and we found a coordinator/minister/photographer whom we really like. However, it seems like Big Island has so much adventure, esp. with the volcanoes and my fiance and I are big on exploring and adventure. We are hoping to snorkel, zipline, hike, kayak, fish and take some incredible photos. Any advice?
Or - perhaps we can do both? I understand that we would actually have to fly from Maui to Big Island. Not the most pleasant scenario, but worth seeing a volcano, I hope? Has anyone island hopped? WHat is your experience?
Also, hotel advice? We have looked at the Kona Resort and some bed/breakfasts. My big wish is more eco-style accomodations and possibly a place that offers gluten-free breads/dairy free. But this is not absolutely necessary - I just avoid breads and dairy and eat fruit/meat/veggies when on vacay.
~We are in our early to mid thirties
~We are wanting to do this in June (I'm a teacher, so I have to go when I have vacation and the only other time when I have two weeks off is Christmas - doesn't seem like an ideal time to marry)
~We would go for 10-14 days.
~Wedding wish - beach wedding, Hawaiian ceremony, immediate family, plus two friends only, hoping to do a luau type reception or go to a restaurant that is luau style.
Thanks for any advice!
Which Hawaiian Island for Weddingmoon?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Package Tour Hanoi - Halong Bay - Paragon Cruise - Sapa 6 Days 5 Nights
- 3 The best 3,5 Star Halong Paragon Cruise 2days 1 night - Halong Bay, Vietnam
- 4 Rovia booking engine
- 5 Visa expiration and re entry
- 6 Places to travel in June or July
- 7 Packing Help - What to take
- 8 Jacket with pockets
- 9 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 10 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 11 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 12 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 13 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 14 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 15 Dual time zone watches
- 16 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 17 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 18 Website for good hotel rates?
- 19 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 20 What color nail polish in France
- 21 Travel Clothing
- 22 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 23 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 24 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 25 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...