I will be taking off from work either the month of either July or August (2009) to travel -- a rare occurrence to get this much time at once so I want to make the most of it and go somewhere remarkable. I'm thinking South America (though it's cold) or Africa, with a mix of offerings including outdoor activity (camping, hiking, multi-sport), culture (wine tasting, social activities) and opportunities to meet the local people. Traveling solo, so would consider a group trip that also allows for time on your own. Any recommendations?
Where's the best place to travel for the month of July/August?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 French gastronomy
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 6 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 7 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 8 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 9 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 10 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 11 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 12 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 13 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 14 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 15 Phone service
- 16 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 17 10 Days of travel help!
- 18 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 19 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice