I will be taking off from work either the month of either July or August (2009) to travel -- a rare occurrence to get this much time at once so I want to make the most of it and go somewhere remarkable. I'm thinking South America (though it's cold) or Africa, with a mix of offerings including outdoor activity (camping, hiking, multi-sport), culture (wine tasting, social activities) and opportunities to meet the local people. Traveling solo, so would consider a group trip that also allows for time on your own. Any recommendations?
Where's the best place to travel for the month of July/August?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 3 Social anxiety and travel
- 4 Where to go in February/March
- 5 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 6 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 7 Waterproof spray
- 8 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 9 Honeymoon
- 10 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 11 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 12 Where to go over New Years?
- 13 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 14 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 15 my travel ignorance
- 16 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 17 Your Best Travel Tips
- 18 Northern Lights
- 19 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 20 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 21 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 22 Travel Insurance or not
- 23 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 24 Economy PLus on United to China
- 25 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?