I'm looking for some help/guidance for our next vacation. We have been to Kauai and Maui, Hawaii, twice and we thought we'd try someplace new. The criteria is to be a warm/hot place with beautiful (warm water) beaches. I know there are lots of places around the world that would fit this criteria, but it's overwhelming to try and research them all. Our group would be of 9 people, that is 4 adults and 5 children ranging in ages 5 to 11. Kauai is my favorite place, because, in my opinion, it's more lush and not very commercialized. We were thinking the Caribbean's, or in that vicinity, but having never even been to Florida, I wouldn't even know which destination to choose. We'd get a condo with a kitchen to eat some meals at home, we usually plan to eat out just once a day (keeps the costs down). We'd like to be able to travel the island, or destination, to see items of nature and hiking and the like. It would be in the month of February for about 10-12 days total. We're coming from LA for one family and Chicago for the other family.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 2 Car seat on a smaller regional aircraft
- 3 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 4 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 5 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 6 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 7 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 8 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 9 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 10 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 11 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 12 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Daypack Recommendation
- 15 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 16 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 17 Where to go with an infant?
- 18 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 19 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 20 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 21 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 22 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 23 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 24 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?
- 25 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes