I'm looking for some help/guidance for our next vacation. We have been to Kauai and Maui, Hawaii, twice and we thought we'd try someplace new. The criteria is to be a warm/hot place with beautiful (warm water) beaches. I know there are lots of places around the world that would fit this criteria, but it's overwhelming to try and research them all. Our group would be of 9 people, that is 4 adults and 5 children ranging in ages 5 to 11. Kauai is my favorite place, because, in my opinion, it's more lush and not very commercialized. We were thinking the Caribbean's, or in that vicinity, but having never even been to Florida, I wouldn't even know which destination to choose. We'd get a condo with a kitchen to eat some meals at home, we usually plan to eat out just once a day (keeps the costs down). We'd like to be able to travel the island, or destination, to see items of nature and hiking and the like. It would be in the month of February for about 10-12 days total. We're coming from LA for one family and Chicago for the other family.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 2 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 3 First time traveler
- 4 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 5 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 6 Exploring a City
- 7 Dolomites for 2 days
- 8 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 9 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 10 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 11 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 12 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 15 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 16 Passport Help!!!
- 17 First time travelling outside the USA
- 18 Iceland-Landmannalaugar
- 19 hiking poles in carry on
- 20 Llego a Roma el 21 de febrero...
- 21 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 22 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 23 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver
- 24 Terrified traveller
- 25 Accommodation San Sebastian