I'm looking for some help/guidance for our next vacation. We have been to Kauai and Maui, Hawaii, twice and we thought we'd try someplace new. The criteria is to be a warm/hot place with beautiful (warm water) beaches. I know there are lots of places around the world that would fit this criteria, but it's overwhelming to try and research them all. Our group would be of 9 people, that is 4 adults and 5 children ranging in ages 5 to 11. Kauai is my favorite place, because, in my opinion, it's more lush and not very commercialized. We were thinking the Caribbean's, or in that vicinity, but having never even been to Florida, I wouldn't even know which destination to choose. We'd get a condo with a kitchen to eat some meals at home, we usually plan to eat out just once a day (keeps the costs down). We'd like to be able to travel the island, or destination, to see items of nature and hiking and the like. It would be in the month of February for about 10-12 days total. We're coming from LA for one family and Chicago for the other family.
Where to vacation in the month of February
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 2 Torn between Trips
- 3 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 4 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 5 Carrying a smartphone
- 6 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 7 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 8 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 11 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 12 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 13 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 14 50th birthday in January destination
- 15 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 16 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 17 Discounted luggage websites
- 18 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 19 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 20 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 21 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 22 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 23 Groupon Getaways
- 24 Rain Boots
- 25 Travel Books for Kids?