I'm looking for some help/guidance for our next vacation. We have been to Kauai and Maui, Hawaii, twice and we thought we'd try someplace new. The criteria is to be a warm/hot place with beautiful (warm water) beaches. I know there are lots of places around the world that would fit this criteria, but it's overwhelming to try and research them all. Our group would be of 9 people, that is 4 adults and 5 children ranging in ages 5 to 11. Kauai is my favorite place, because, in my opinion, it's more lush and not very commercialized. We were thinking the Caribbean's, or in that vicinity, but having never even been to Florida, I wouldn't even know which destination to choose. We'd get a condo with a kitchen to eat some meals at home, we usually plan to eat out just once a day (keeps the costs down). We'd like to be able to travel the island, or destination, to see items of nature and hiking and the like. It would be in the month of February for about 10-12 days total. We're coming from LA for one family and Chicago for the other family.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 2 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 3 What to pack for that trip
- 4 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 5 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 6 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 7 Trip with friend
- 8 September Whim
- 9 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 10 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 11 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 12 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 15 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 16 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 17 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 18 40th birthday
- 19 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 20 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 21 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 22 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
- 23 Need a little advice on newbie traveling overseas
- 24 Winter travel for different age groups
- 25 Lost my mojo planning a trip with a 6 month old - help!