My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 2 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 3 Travel towel?
- 4 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 5 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 6 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 7 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 8 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 9 Planning your next vacation
- 10 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 11 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 12 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 13 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 14 Road trip stops
- 15 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 16 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 17 Favorite budget travel items?
- 18 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 19 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 20 Buying Russia train tickets
- 21 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 22 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 23 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 24 Best Way 3 days Quebec City to Newark Airport
- 25 Phone services in Western Europe