My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Where to stay in Zanzibar: Matemwe vs. Pongwe
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Air pollution while in India
- 3 Need Vacation Ideas!!
- 4 Technology tips, and travel
- 5 Presenter Sought
- 6 Has Anyone Heard of Otel.com?
- 7 Where to go on Christmas?
- 8 Travel to NYC between Christmas and New Years 2014
- 9 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 12 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 13 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 14 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 15 Which Travel Bag
- 16 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 17 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 18 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 19 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 20 europe In January
- 21 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 22 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 23 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 24 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 25 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!