My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 2 travelling with infant
- 3 What to do with mail when traveling
- 4 Prague & Croatia
- 5 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 6 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 7 destination help
- 8 Norway in November
- 9 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 10 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 11 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 12 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 13 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 14 Schengen visa
- 15 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 16 What do you look for in a hotel?
- 17 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 18 Daypack Recommendation
- 19 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 20 greece to germany. doable?
- 21 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Road Trip, Little Rock AR to Austin TX
- 24 Which is a Better Route - I-80 or I-40
- 25 Travel Apps