My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packers and Movers Delhi Noida for Goods Moving
- 2 40th Birthday Celebration
- 3 Should I use a travel agent?
- 4 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 5 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 6 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 7 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 8 Difficult Decisions!!
- 9 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 10 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 11 HoneyMoon - january
- 12 Glacier National Park Trip
- 13 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 14 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 15 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 16 Road map- European
- 17 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 18 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 19 xmas anywhere in europe
- 20 Need advice for Asia trip
- 21 Family Italy
- 22 Big Island vs Maui
- 23 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 24 Winter Vacation
- 25 To Paris From UK HOW?