I want to go relax somewhere pretty preferably a beach in February. I am a 42 year old single mom who will have a week to myself starting Feb 13 through Feb 21. I would like to go somewhere where I can walk out onto the beach and just sit if I want and not move for 4 days but have the option if I feel like to go explore a town or city. I have been to San Francisco, New Orleans, a cruise, and Puerta Plata in the past 2 years. I was disappointed in Iberostar in Puerto Plata. I'm not sure if it was a recent hurricane or what but the beach was not pretty and the water was grey and very rough. I would like to go for 4 nights and leave from NY. My budget is approx $1800 hopefull a little less but could go up to $2000 for something really great. I was even looking into Capri so as you can see I'm all over the place and would like some suggestions. I've traveled alone in the past and enjoy it but as a woman traveling alone would also appreciate that you keep that in mind when making suggestions. I'm not a fearful traveler, but safety is always a thought! Thanks in advance.
Where to Go to do nothing?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 2 Packing Help - What to take
- 3 Visa expiration and re entry
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 Jacket with pockets
- 6 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 7 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 8 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 9 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 10 Dual time zone watches
- 11 Rovia booking engine
- 12 Places to travel in June or July
- 13 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 14 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 15 Website for good hotel rates?
- 16 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 17 What color nail polish in France
- 18 Travel Clothing
- 19 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 22 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 23 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 24 Getting a Second Passport
- 25 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam