I want to go relax somewhere pretty preferably a beach in February. I am a 42 year old single mom who will have a week to myself starting Feb 13 through Feb 21. I would like to go somewhere where I can walk out onto the beach and just sit if I want and not move for 4 days but have the option if I feel like to go explore a town or city. I have been to San Francisco, New Orleans, a cruise, and Puerta Plata in the past 2 years. I was disappointed in Iberostar in Puerto Plata. I'm not sure if it was a recent hurricane or what but the beach was not pretty and the water was grey and very rough. I would like to go for 4 nights and leave from NY. My budget is approx $1800 hopefull a little less but could go up to $2000 for something really great. I was even looking into Capri so as you can see I'm all over the place and would like some suggestions. I've traveled alone in the past and enjoy it but as a woman traveling alone would also appreciate that you keep that in mind when making suggestions. I'm not a fearful traveler, but safety is always a thought! Thanks in advance.
Where to Go to do nothing?
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Your Best Travel Tips
- 3 Air pollution while in India
- 4 Technology tips, and travel
- 5 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 6 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 7 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 8 Where to go on Christmas?
- 9 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 10 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 11 Which Travel Bag
- 12 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 13 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 14 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 15 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 16 europe In January
- 17 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 18 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 19 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 20 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 21 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 22 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 23 Holiday Travel Plans
- 24 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 25 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points