We (me, my husband, our will be 22 month old daughter, and my mother in law) are looking for a unique place to go in January. My MIL will be visiting from Australia and is a very seasoned traveler. My husband and I are former backpackers, but now that we have a little one, we're looking for something family friendly but still off the beaten path. It would be nice to go someplace with mild weather but definitely does not need to be hot. All of us love unique places where we can explore real local culture, food & wine, town or country, but are still looking for something affordable. Finding a cottage/apartment with 2 bedrooms in one spot for the week works best with a toddler, rather than bouncing around various hotels. We'd be flying from New York. No cookie cutter resorts please! We want to experience the real life of the place we go to
Where to go in January with almost 2 year old - no cookie cutter resorts!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 2 Road Scholar
- 3 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 4 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 5 Base city in England
- 6 Useful travel apps
- 7 Suggestions please
- 8 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 11 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 12 vow renewal
- 13 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 14 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 15 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 16 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 17 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 18 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 19 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 20 Traveling tips during fall
- 21 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 22 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 23 How much cash do you carry before a trip?
- 24 Home Exchanges
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips