We (me, my husband, our will be 22 month old daughter, and my mother in law) are looking for a unique place to go in January. My MIL will be visiting from Australia and is a very seasoned traveler. My husband and I are former backpackers, but now that we have a little one, we're looking for something family friendly but still off the beaten path. It would be nice to go someplace with mild weather but definitely does not need to be hot. All of us love unique places where we can explore real local culture, food & wine, town or country, but are still looking for something affordable. Finding a cottage/apartment with 2 bedrooms in one spot for the week works best with a toddler, rather than bouncing around various hotels. We'd be flying from New York. No cookie cutter resorts please! We want to experience the real life of the place we go to
Where to go in January with almost 2 year old - no cookie cutter resorts!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 Travel SIMs
- 4 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 5 An Introduction to new member
- 6 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?