We (me, my husband, our will be 22 month old daughter, and my mother in law) are looking for a unique place to go in January. My MIL will be visiting from Australia and is a very seasoned traveler. My husband and I are former backpackers, but now that we have a little one, we're looking for something family friendly but still off the beaten path. It would be nice to go someplace with mild weather but definitely does not need to be hot. All of us love unique places where we can explore real local culture, food & wine, town or country, but are still looking for something affordable. Finding a cottage/apartment with 2 bedrooms in one spot for the week works best with a toddler, rather than bouncing around various hotels. We'd be flying from New York. No cookie cutter resorts please! We want to experience the real life of the place we go to
Where to go in January with almost 2 year old - no cookie cutter resorts!
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 2 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 3 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 4 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 5 Which Travel Bag
- 6 Your Best Travel Tips
- 7 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 8 europe In January
- 9 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 10 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 11 Where to go on Christmas?
- 12 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 13 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 14 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 15 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 16 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 17 Holiday Travel Plans
- 18 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 19 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 20 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 21 Help with honeymoon destination
- 22 places to stop and stretch.
- 23 Travel with or without kids ?
- 24 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 25 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE