I had posted in the Europe forum asking for advice about a 2 month trip to Europe. I received great tips and lots of helpful posts. My dilemma is basically the budget. Let me tell you briefly about myself:
We are a family of 4 (kids 8 and 10 years) originally from India. We lived in USA for 15 years during which time we traveled to most of the places in USA. Besides that we have taken trips to the following countries:
1) New Zealand
4) Most parts of India
This May we want to go for one month to some country. The main criteria is if I am able to go for a month by spending $7,000 USD for my family which includes everything except airfare from India. Now this country can be anywhere as long as it meets the following criteria:
1) Interesting man made and historical stuff to see
2) Different culture
3) Some scenic spots
4) Nice cuisine
I am 43 years old and so I assume I still have few years left to postpone visiting expensive countries like those in Europe. I am realizing but reading tips from folks here that Europe is an expensive affair so I don't mind skipping it for now. Can anyone suggest cheaper but still exciting alternatives for other countries ? For example South America, Russia ??
Destination is VERY flexible but budget is not
Thanks a lot..
Where to go for one month ?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Traveling with a smartphone
- 2 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 3 Transferring on an international flight
- 4 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 5 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 8 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 9 Thanksgiving week trip
- 10 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 11 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Thrifty OHare parking
- 14 Saving money travelling the world
- 15 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 16 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 17 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 18 Discounted luggage websites
- 19 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 20 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 21 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?
- 22 Where to go over New Years?
- 23 GAP YEAR TRAVEL
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Vacation with 1 year old?