My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary next year (2012) and are trying to plan a vacation AWAY FROM IT ALL. We live in the southern U.S. and haven't ventured out of the country together. Actually, I've never really been out of the country (except for a brief visit to Mexico) and he's been to Europe back when he was 13 or so, with his family. What we want out of the trip: To relax, to see some other culture, (possibly a beach) but don't want to get too touristy. Here's what's swimming around in our heads so far: Thailand, Europe, maybe Sweden? See? All-over-the-place! I've just never been anywhere, so I want to go somewhere GREAT! We also have friends living in Egypt, so a quick jaunt over there to visit would be nice. Any suggestions internet?
Where in the World Should We Go?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Discounted luggage websites
- 4 Crossing Borders
- 5 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 6 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 7 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 8 Anniversary trip
- 9 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 10 Light weight Luggage
- 11 Carry-on Luggage
- 12 Traveling with a smartphone
- 13 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 14 Transferring on an international flight
- 15 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 18 Thanksgiving week trip
- 19 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 20 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 21 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 22 Thrifty OHare parking
- 23 Saving money travelling the world
- 24 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 25 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!