I need recommendations and suggestions for July 2011 travel with our 2 sons who will be 2.5 and 6 then.
This June we were in Zurich, Venice and Milan (as well as Mykonos, Kusadasi, Split, Corfu, Athens as part of a cruise). Lovely cities but I hated the heat and the crowds. The last time we went to Europe was in September 2007 when we did Amsterdam, Brugge, Brussels. That was a lovely trip. I much preferred that temperature and lack of tourists. I wish we could go in September again, but now the elder son is at school.
We live in hot and humid Indonesia. So we are looking for something with cooler weather. No beach holiday. We enjoy walking around a lot. Some culture but not too much. We love nature too, but we are not camping types. In Europe, we stay in 3-4 star hotel. In Asia, 4 star hotel. We will probably travel for around 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops.
Where should we travel to? I have thought of Scandinavian countries, Iceland, Alaska.
What am I missing?
So many thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A problem with booking.com
- 2 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 3 Wheeled duffle options
- 4 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 5 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 6 Newbie Using Whats App
- 7 TripIt App?
- 8 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 9 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 10 Money transfer
- 11 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 12 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 13 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 14 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 15 Passport signature
- 16 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 17 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 18 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 19 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 20 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 21 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 22 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 23 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 24 Barcelona in 4 nights - tips and recommendations needed
- 25 Smallest Backpack you've used