I need recommendations and suggestions for July 2011 travel with our 2 sons who will be 2.5 and 6 then.
This June we were in Zurich, Venice and Milan (as well as Mykonos, Kusadasi, Split, Corfu, Athens as part of a cruise). Lovely cities but I hated the heat and the crowds. The last time we went to Europe was in September 2007 when we did Amsterdam, Brugge, Brussels. That was a lovely trip. I much preferred that temperature and lack of tourists. I wish we could go in September again, but now the elder son is at school.
We live in hot and humid Indonesia. So we are looking for something with cooler weather. No beach holiday. We enjoy walking around a lot. Some culture but not too much. We love nature too, but we are not camping types. In Europe, we stay in 3-4 star hotel. In Asia, 4 star hotel. We will probably travel for around 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops.
Where should we travel to? I have thought of Scandinavian countries, Iceland, Alaska.
What am I missing?
So many thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Carrying your passport
- 2 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 3 Lipault luggage durability
- 4 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 5 photography trip in July Chile-Peru-Bolivia-Chile
- 6 European Travel in March
- 7 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 8 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 9 Help planning long road trip.
- 10 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 11 Renting International Cars from USA
- 12 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 13 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 14 Getting my child from Stanford
- 15 Ideal Trip!
- 16 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 17 Pa to New England States
- 18 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 19 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 20 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 21 cape cod
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 24 Credit card protection
- 25 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me