I need recommendations and suggestions for July 2011 travel with our 2 sons who will be 2.5 and 6 then.
This June we were in Zurich, Venice and Milan (as well as Mykonos, Kusadasi, Split, Corfu, Athens as part of a cruise). Lovely cities but I hated the heat and the crowds. The last time we went to Europe was in September 2007 when we did Amsterdam, Brugge, Brussels. That was a lovely trip. I much preferred that temperature and lack of tourists. I wish we could go in September again, but now the elder son is at school.
We live in hot and humid Indonesia. So we are looking for something with cooler weather. No beach holiday. We enjoy walking around a lot. Some culture but not too much. We love nature too, but we are not camping types. In Europe, we stay in 3-4 star hotel. In Asia, 4 star hotel. We will probably travel for around 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops.
Where should we travel to? I have thought of Scandinavian countries, Iceland, Alaska.
What am I missing?
So many thanks,
When to go in July with 6year old and 2.5 year old?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Going to Costa Rica
- 2 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 3 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 4 India food Tours
- 5 Thanksgiving week trip
- 6 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 7 Air B&B
- 8 Single supplements
- 9 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 10 Discounted luggage websites
- 11 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 12 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 13 Travel eruope early November this year
- 14 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 17 Where would you go if you were us?
- 18 Anniversary trip
- 19 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 20 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 21 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 22 Online Visas
- 23 Traveling with a smartphone
- 24 Learning vacations
- 25 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)