I need recommendations and suggestions for July 2011 travel with our 2 sons who will be 2.5 and 6 then.
This June we were in Zurich, Venice and Milan (as well as Mykonos, Kusadasi, Split, Corfu, Athens as part of a cruise). Lovely cities but I hated the heat and the crowds. The last time we went to Europe was in September 2007 when we did Amsterdam, Brugge, Brussels. That was a lovely trip. I much preferred that temperature and lack of tourists. I wish we could go in September again, but now the elder son is at school.
We live in hot and humid Indonesia. So we are looking for something with cooler weather. No beach holiday. We enjoy walking around a lot. Some culture but not too much. We love nature too, but we are not camping types. In Europe, we stay in 3-4 star hotel. In Asia, 4 star hotel. We will probably travel for around 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops.
Where should we travel to? I have thought of Scandinavian countries, Iceland, Alaska.
What am I missing?
So many thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 New Zealand The ‘Kiwi Land’
- 2 4 week travel with teens
- 3 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 4 What to do on long flights?
- 5 Beware of HolidayCars.com
- 6 One month free to travel in February
- 7 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 8 Honeymoon Destination
- 9 How to find the best adventure tour
- 10 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 11 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 12 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 13 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 14 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 15 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 Need Amalfi planning help
- 18 Where to go...April of 2018
- 19 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 20 California Zepher
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 23 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 24 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 25 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!