I need recommendations and suggestions for July 2011 travel with our 2 sons who will be 2.5 and 6 then.
This June we were in Zurich, Venice and Milan (as well as Mykonos, Kusadasi, Split, Corfu, Athens as part of a cruise). Lovely cities but I hated the heat and the crowds. The last time we went to Europe was in September 2007 when we did Amsterdam, Brugge, Brussels. That was a lovely trip. I much preferred that temperature and lack of tourists. I wish we could go in September again, but now the elder son is at school.
We live in hot and humid Indonesia. So we are looking for something with cooler weather. No beach holiday. We enjoy walking around a lot. Some culture but not too much. We love nature too, but we are not camping types. In Europe, we stay in 3-4 star hotel. In Asia, 4 star hotel. We will probably travel for around 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops.
Where should we travel to? I have thought of Scandinavian countries, Iceland, Alaska.
What am I missing?
So many thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 What suitcase size holds around 60 pounds of weight.
- 2 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 3 First time traveler
- 4 First time travelling outside the USA
- 5 Terrified traveller
- 6 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 7 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 8 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 9 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 10 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 11 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 12 SIXT car rental in US
- 13 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 14 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 15 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 16 Visit to usa
- 17 insect repellent bracelets
- 18 Top travel destinations 2017
- 19 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 20 Early trip planning
- 21 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 22 Tour company or DIY?
- 23 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 24 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days
- 25 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?