I need recommendations and suggestions for July 2011 travel with our 2 sons who will be 2.5 and 6 then.
This June we were in Zurich, Venice and Milan (as well as Mykonos, Kusadasi, Split, Corfu, Athens as part of a cruise). Lovely cities but I hated the heat and the crowds. The last time we went to Europe was in September 2007 when we did Amsterdam, Brugge, Brussels. That was a lovely trip. I much preferred that temperature and lack of tourists. I wish we could go in September again, but now the elder son is at school.
We live in hot and humid Indonesia. So we are looking for something with cooler weather. No beach holiday. We enjoy walking around a lot. Some culture but not too much. We love nature too, but we are not camping types. In Europe, we stay in 3-4 star hotel. In Asia, 4 star hotel. We will probably travel for around 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops.
Where should we travel to? I have thought of Scandinavian countries, Iceland, Alaska.
What am I missing?
So many thanks,
When to go in July with 6year old and 2.5 year old?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 2 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 3 Jacket with pockets
- 4 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 5 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 6 Visa expiration and re entry
- 7 Dual time zone watches
- 8 Rovia booking engine
- 9 Packing Help - What to take
- 10 Places to travel in June or July
- 11 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 12 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 13 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 14 Website for good hotel rates?
- 15 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 16 What color nail polish in France
- 17 Travel Clothing
- 18 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 19 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 20 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 21 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 22 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 23 Getting a Second Passport
- 24 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 25 Suggestions for a trip?