My daughter and I will be in Kingston, RI for Friends General Conference. We'd like to get into NYC to visit a friend - and I am reticent to drive as I'll have my bike on the back of my car, my camping gear, guitar, computer, etc. One thought I had was to haul all of the gear into my friend's apartment while I'm there - bike and all - and then find a safe spot for the car. Otherwise, I'd like to park it somewhere safe and then take the train into the city for an overnight. I've read some of the posts re: being in the city versus taking the train in - and most of those addressed leaving a car "without gear" - etc. I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance!
What to do with a "loaded car" in New York City
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best of Bali Dive Safaris 2015 & 2016
- 2 Travel Books for Kids?
- 3 never fly LIAT
- 4 All purpose soap
- 5 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 6 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 7 How should I prepafe myself?
- 8 quiet getaways for older women
- 9 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 10 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 11 trip ideas in May...
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 14 finding last minute packages
- 15 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 16 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 17 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 18 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 19 What book should I read?
- 20 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 21 Road trip in Italy
- 22 Hostel suggestions
- 23 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan islands
- 24 Haroon Mahmood - Need Idea & Tips For Travel Italy
- 25 Summer Teaching Jobs Abroad