My daughter and I will be in Kingston, RI for Friends General Conference. We'd like to get into NYC to visit a friend - and I am reticent to drive as I'll have my bike on the back of my car, my camping gear, guitar, computer, etc. One thought I had was to haul all of the gear into my friend's apartment while I'm there - bike and all - and then find a safe spot for the car. Otherwise, I'd like to park it somewhere safe and then take the train into the city for an overnight. I've read some of the posts re: being in the city versus taking the train in - and most of those addressed leaving a car "without gear" - etc. I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance!
What to do with a "loaded car" in New York City
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 10 Days of travel help!
- 2 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 3 Please review our first YouTube Video of traveling adventure!
- 4 Friends Seeking Advice
- 5 French gastronomy
- 6 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 7 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 8 Website to map your trips?
- 9 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 10 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 11 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 12 Best places to start...
- 13 Where would you go if you were us?
- 14 Winter Sunshine
- 15 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 16 Travel health insurance
- 17 Private Guides - Cost question
- 18 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 19 Rome and amalfi coast
- 20 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 21 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 22 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 23 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 24 Phone service
- 25 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place