My daughter and I will be in Kingston, RI for Friends General Conference. We'd like to get into NYC to visit a friend - and I am reticent to drive as I'll have my bike on the back of my car, my camping gear, guitar, computer, etc. One thought I had was to haul all of the gear into my friend's apartment while I'm there - bike and all - and then find a safe spot for the car. Otherwise, I'd like to park it somewhere safe and then take the train into the city for an overnight. I've read some of the posts re: being in the city versus taking the train in - and most of those addressed leaving a car "without gear" - etc. I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance!
What to do with a "loaded car" in New York City
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 2 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 3 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 4 finding last minute packages
- 5 trip ideas in May...
- 6 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 7 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 8 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 9 Scotland
- 10 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 11 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 12 Moving from DC to Texas
- 13 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 14 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 15 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 16 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 17 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 18 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 19 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 20 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 21 Which luggage scales?
- 22 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 23 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 24 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?
- 25 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!