My daughter and I will be in Kingston, RI for Friends General Conference. We'd like to get into NYC to visit a friend - and I am reticent to drive as I'll have my bike on the back of my car, my camping gear, guitar, computer, etc. One thought I had was to haul all of the gear into my friend's apartment while I'm there - bike and all - and then find a safe spot for the car. Otherwise, I'd like to park it somewhere safe and then take the train into the city for an overnight. I've read some of the posts re: being in the city versus taking the train in - and most of those addressed leaving a car "without gear" - etc. I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance!
What to do with a "loaded car" in New York City
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 2 Home Exchanges
- 3 India food Tours
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 6 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 7 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 8 Going to Costa Rica
- 9 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 10 Air B&B
- 11 Single supplements
- 12 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 13 Discounted luggage websites
- 14 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 15 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 16 Travel eruope early November this year
- 17 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 20 Thanksgiving week trip
- 21 Anniversary trip
- 22 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 23 Where would you go if you were us?
- 24 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 25 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice