My daughter and I will be in Kingston, RI for Friends General Conference. We'd like to get into NYC to visit a friend - and I am reticent to drive as I'll have my bike on the back of my car, my camping gear, guitar, computer, etc. One thought I had was to haul all of the gear into my friend's apartment while I'm there - bike and all - and then find a safe spot for the car. Otherwise, I'd like to park it somewhere safe and then take the train into the city for an overnight. I've read some of the posts re: being in the city versus taking the train in - and most of those addressed leaving a car "without gear" - etc. I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance!
What to do with a "loaded car" in New York City
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 2 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 3 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 4 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 5 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 6 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 7 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 8 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 9 quiet getaways for older women
- 10 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 11 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 12 Torn between Trips
- 13 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 14 Groupon Getaways
- 15 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 16 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 17 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 18 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 19 Carrying a smartphone
- 20 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 21 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 22 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 23 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 24 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 25 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!