My daughter and I will be in Kingston, RI for Friends General Conference. We'd like to get into NYC to visit a friend - and I am reticent to drive as I'll have my bike on the back of my car, my camping gear, guitar, computer, etc. One thought I had was to haul all of the gear into my friend's apartment while I'm there - bike and all - and then find a safe spot for the car. Otherwise, I'd like to park it somewhere safe and then take the train into the city for an overnight. I've read some of the posts re: being in the city versus taking the train in - and most of those addressed leaving a car "without gear" - etc. I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance!
What to do with a "loaded car" in New York City
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Home security while traveling?
- 2 How much do you pay a travel agent?
- 3 Home Exchanges
- 4 December travel - where to go?
- 5 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 6 Affordable January Trip Ideas
- 7 Air B&B
- 8 Suggest best accomodation in singapore
- 9 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 10 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 11 Phone service
- 12 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 13 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 14 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 15 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 16 Fall Road Trip
- 17 December 3 Week Vacation
- 18 San Francisco or San Diego
- 19 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 20 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 21 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 24 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 25 Scammers on Airbnb site