H, We will be spending a week in NYC then week and a half elsewhere (? DC, Boston) in July. We are from Australia. I would like some advice on whether to carry a handbag or use a body pouch for safety, what clothes are acceptable, and whether to wear jewellery. I know this sounds pedantic, but I'm hearing horror stories, so it would be better to be prepared Thank you, Melissa
What Not To Do / Wear / Use in NYC
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 3 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 6 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 7 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 8 quiet getaways for older women
- 9 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 10 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 11 Torn between Trips
- 12 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 13 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 14 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 15 Groupon Getaways
- 16 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 17 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 18 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 19 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 20 Carrying a smartphone
- 21 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 22 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 23 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 24 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 25 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.