Hello! My husband and I are taking our first overseas vacation in a couple of weeks to Ireland, and we are not quite sure which is the best way to travel with money. I've contacted our credit cards, and they all will be charged a 3% fee for every transaction that is charged while overseas. I wasn't sure if this is the norm when travelling, or if there is a better way to do it. Not sure if carrying cash would be a safe thing to do at all. We are very green, so I was wondering if anybody had any tips they could pass along on how to manage this. Thanks so much!!
What is the best way to spend money while on vacation?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Anniversary trip
- 2 Discounted luggage websites
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 5 Flight Delays and cancellations.
- 6 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 7 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 8 Light weight Luggage
- 9 Carry-on Luggage
- 10 Traveling with a smartphone
- 11 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 12 Transferring on an international flight
- 13 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 14 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 17 Thanksgiving week trip
- 18 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 19 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 20 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 21 Thrifty OHare parking
- 22 Saving money travelling the world
- 23 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 24 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 25 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?