Hello! My husband and I are taking our first overseas vacation in a couple of weeks to Ireland, and we are not quite sure which is the best way to travel with money. I've contacted our credit cards, and they all will be charged a 3% fee for every transaction that is charged while overseas. I wasn't sure if this is the norm when travelling, or if there is a better way to do it. Not sure if carrying cash would be a safe thing to do at all. We are very green, so I was wondering if anybody had any tips they could pass along on how to manage this. Thanks so much!!
What is the best way to spend money while on vacation?
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 2 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 3 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 4 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 5 Which Travel Bag
- 6 Your Best Travel Tips
- 7 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 8 europe In January
- 9 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 10 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 11 Where to go on Christmas?
- 12 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 13 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 14 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 15 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 16 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 17 Holiday Travel Plans
- 18 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 19 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 20 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 21 Help with honeymoon destination
- 22 places to stop and stretch.
- 23 Travel with or without kids ?
- 24 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 25 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE