Hello! My husband and I are taking our first overseas vacation in a couple of weeks to Ireland, and we are not quite sure which is the best way to travel with money. I've contacted our credit cards, and they all will be charged a 3% fee for every transaction that is charged while overseas. I wasn't sure if this is the norm when travelling, or if there is a better way to do it. Not sure if carrying cash would be a safe thing to do at all. We are very green, so I was wondering if anybody had any tips they could pass along on how to manage this. Thanks so much!!
What is the best way to spend money while on vacation?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 new travel website
- 2 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Finding a House Sitter.
- 5 Road Scholar
- 6 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 7 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 8 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 9 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 10 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Useful travel apps
- 13 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 14 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 15 Base city in England
- 16 Suggestions please
- 17 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 18 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 19 vow renewal
- 20 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 21 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 22 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 23 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 24 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 25 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK