I am making a trip to DC in late May and early June. Staying in Alexandria and taking the metro for transportation into city. I plan on taking the monuments by moonlight (Old Town Trolly) upon arival date (nightime). Going to Arlington and monuments with the tourmobile next two days and including a Capitol tour on Monday 10;50, with visit with congressman before. I understand you can purchase admissions to Bureau of Engraving, Holaucast, etc as to avoid waiting in line for free entry tickets? where and how can this be accomplished? I will also go to Mount Vernon and Monticello. Plan on seeing museums after Capitol tour and when time allows. We will also go to Dupont circle and Embassy drive to Nat'l Cathedrial. Looking for suggestions and information that might be helpful for eating around monuments and museums, or White House, or Dupont circle etc. What is the best price ticket for metro? daily, week? etc?
Washington DC in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 5 Travel SIMs
- 6 An Introduction to new member
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?