I am making a trip to DC in late May and early June. Staying in Alexandria and taking the metro for transportation into city. I plan on taking the monuments by moonlight (Old Town Trolly) upon arival date (nightime). Going to Arlington and monuments with the tourmobile next two days and including a Capitol tour on Monday 10;50, with visit with congressman before. I understand you can purchase admissions to Bureau of Engraving, Holaucast, etc as to avoid waiting in line for free entry tickets? where and how can this be accomplished? I will also go to Mount Vernon and Monticello. Plan on seeing museums after Capitol tour and when time allows. We will also go to Dupont circle and Embassy drive to Nat'l Cathedrial. Looking for suggestions and information that might be helpful for eating around monuments and museums, or White House, or Dupont circle etc. What is the best price ticket for metro? daily, week? etc?
Washington DC in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Visa expiration and re entry
- 2 Places to travel in June or July
- 3 Packing Help - What to take
- 4 Jacket with pockets
- 5 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 8 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 9 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 10 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 11 Dual time zone watches
- 12 Rovia booking engine
- 13 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 14 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 15 Website for good hotel rates?
- 16 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 17 What color nail polish in France
- 18 Travel Clothing
- 19 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 22 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 23 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 24 Getting a Second Passport
- 25 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam