I am making a trip to DC in late May and early June. Staying in Alexandria and taking the metro for transportation into city. I plan on taking the monuments by moonlight (Old Town Trolly) upon arival date (nightime). Going to Arlington and monuments with the tourmobile next two days and including a Capitol tour on Monday 10;50, with visit with congressman before. I understand you can purchase admissions to Bureau of Engraving, Holaucast, etc as to avoid waiting in line for free entry tickets? where and how can this be accomplished? I will also go to Mount Vernon and Monticello. Plan on seeing museums after Capitol tour and when time allows. We will also go to Dupont circle and Embassy drive to Nat'l Cathedrial. Looking for suggestions and information that might be helpful for eating around monuments and museums, or White House, or Dupont circle etc. What is the best price ticket for metro? daily, week? etc?
Washington DC in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Finding a House Sitter.
- 2 Road Scholar
- 3 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 4 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 5 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 6 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 7 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 8 Your Best Travel Tips
- 9 Useful travel apps
- 10 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 11 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 12 Base city in England
- 13 Suggestions please
- 14 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 15 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 16 vow renewal
- 17 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 18 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 19 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 20 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 21 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 22 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 23 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 24 Traveling tips during fall
- 25 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!