I am making a trip to DC in late May and early June. Staying in Alexandria and taking the metro for transportation into city. I plan on taking the monuments by moonlight (Old Town Trolly) upon arival date (nightime). Going to Arlington and monuments with the tourmobile next two days and including a Capitol tour on Monday 10;50, with visit with congressman before. I understand you can purchase admissions to Bureau of Engraving, Holaucast, etc as to avoid waiting in line for free entry tickets? where and how can this be accomplished? I will also go to Mount Vernon and Monticello. Plan on seeing museums after Capitol tour and when time allows. We will also go to Dupont circle and Embassy drive to Nat'l Cathedrial. Looking for suggestions and information that might be helpful for eating around monuments and museums, or White House, or Dupont circle etc. What is the best price ticket for metro? daily, week? etc?
Washington DC in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 3 two months away and mold problems.
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice