My wife and I (in our late 60's and retired ) are planning our first trip to Northern Spain towards the end of May next year, 2013. We plan to fly from Miami to Barcelona and then go on to visit cities as Zaragosa, Pamplona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santillana, Santander, Gijon, Oviedo, La Coruna y Santiago de Compostela. I am inviting all good friends of Fodor to give us your suggestions. Are all these places worth visiting? What are your suggestions about places to stay... I hear the Paradors are one of the best choices, but are they too pricey? what are the best places to visit along this trip, what would be the total days most advisable. ALSO, we are debating whether to rent a car in Barcelona and drive. My children are not in favor of my driving, (they say it is dangerous!) but are the trains/buses available as an alternative? Not being familiar at all with this part of the Country, we would be really appreciative to hear from Fodor's readers your comments and suggestions...Gracias...thank you..obrigado...
Vacation trip to Northern Spain
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 4 Waterproof spray
- 5 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 6 40th Birthday Trip
- 7 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 8 Honeymoon
- 9 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 10 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 11 Where to go over New Years?
- 12 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 13 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 14 my travel ignorance
- 15 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 16 Your Best Travel Tips
- 17 Northern Lights
- 18 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 19 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 20 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 21 Travel Insurance or not
- 22 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 23 Economy PLus on United to China
- 24 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 25 Light weight Luggage