My husband and I are planning a trip to California in September, flying into San Diego and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We have 10 days for our journey and wonder what those of you who know California would suggest we make it a point to see. We're just beginning to think about our vacation and so far this is what appeals: San Diego zoo, Santa Barbara, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Cruz, a Napa Valley wine tour, Sausalito, and San Francisco. What are other "must sees"? We would appreciate any suggestions you can give us. Thank you.
vacation in California
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Fall Road Trip
- 2 San Francisco or San Diego
- 3 December 3 Week Vacation
- 4 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 5 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 6 Home Exchanges
- 7 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 8 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 11 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 12 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 13 India food Tours
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 16 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 17 Going to Costa Rica
- 18 Air B&B
- 19 Single supplements
- 20 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 21 Discounted luggage websites
- 22 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 23 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 24 Travel eruope early November this year
- 25 Group Tours for 30 somethings